Linkage??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pat Pitts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 two wheel drive. My gear indicator on the dash lines up perfect in P, R, & N. To put it in drive I have to put it on D and then slide it to the left just a bit or it will be in second. The same goes for 2 & 1. I am guessing this would be the linkage in the transmission seeing that P, R & N work fine. Is this a hard thing to fix, thinking of doing it myself.

Thanks,

Pat

Supershockers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Watching - as I have about same but net is rev, between net & drive is net, drive is 2, 2 is 1 and 1 well you can't see it. lol bugs the **** out of me

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If you have the factory service manual there are instructions in there on how to adjust the shift linkage. It's fairly easy actually. If not I can take some pictures after work today but that will be around 5pm before they get posted.

Factory service manual for your 2001 Dodge Ram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDkuRJfDNZEaVhqcm93M0lEM1E/view

You should also have the option to download it from that site.

You should be looking for page 21 - 251 to 21 - 252.