Lockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Now that the suspension and tires are on my 3500, it's on to re-gearing.
I'm going with 4.30 gears and I'm also having ARB lockers installed. I had just planed the front, but what do you guys think about air locker in the rear in lieu of limited slip?
I've had front ARB locker only before and a Detroit in rear on a Early Bronco.
They want 6k to do gears, both lockers, twin pump mounted in cubby box.

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
An ARB in the rear is counter productive unless you're planning on being offroad all the time. The Torsen LSD works very well and the ARB is an open diff when unlocked.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I agree. Stick with LSD in rear and put the ARB up front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

rgregg08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
if your doing the gears i would do the lockers at the same time, saves money on taking it apart latter. Lockers are awesome and great to have when you need to "lock them up", drop her in 4low and lock up the front and rear and start crawling. I would do both front and rear. i am very surprised they would do the front and not the back. more common to see a locking diff in the rear and "open" in the front. I would do both or none. all depends on your need. again you will have the diffs taken apart so i would knock it out. you can have a field day on this topic on the jeep forums for the guys with non rubicon jeeps debating lockers when they re-gear. or even rubicon guys looking to re-gear and swap to a different e-locker or air locker from the stock e-lockers. I had lockers on my jeep and do on my power wagon. There great and almost like cheating when crawling around on stuff.

OP
OP
J

jk6672

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I don't know how it's counter productive, but I went with ARB front and rear after all.