Long arm upgrade kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TripleT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
I put a 5 inch skyjacker lift on my truck last year. i like the lift because it gave me the height i wanted to fit my 35's comfortable on my ram. The short arms that i got with the kit are not cutting it. I want to get a long arm kit but i dont want to pay 1500+ for the DOR upgrade kit. Other kits ive seen look very poorly mad and look to break in the woods. Does anyone make a kit on this forum that can build me one or give me better options so i dont spend a arm and a leg buying a upgrade kit. This is my second dodge truck and i want to keep it as long as i can. Welding and cutting the stock mounts is worth the better ride then the short arms.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
You might ask Merc225hp, he is running long arms on his rig and is quite knowledgeable in the subject.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fabtech makes a set and does sell them separately IIRC. It is a long/ short arm kit.

If you can cut and weld, maybe look into making your own? Get some heim ends and weld it all up!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You may also look at DT Profab, but if cost is an issue, I don't think they'll be your solution.

I am trying to recall the brand, it was Rough Country (?) Maybe Cepek that made a 'generic' long arm kit for the 2Gs, didn't include coils, it was just the arms/ brackets.

**** Cepek. Its no longer available though. IIRC, thats the DOR kit now.

OP
OP
T

TripleT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8
I was looking at that DOR kit, but its 1000$ then the shipping to alaska is around 400+. so thats really to much money for me to spend. I was thinking about the tuff country long arm kit cause i like that set up with only one long arm and the axle connecting to that main arm, i feel like i would get the most flex out of it. The only thing is it looks cheaply made. I was wondering is anyone has made there own kits and would be able to build me the same kit or the dimensions for a price.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
^^^ I can help you out with either giving you all the info you need or I should be able to build you a set. I am in BC so you are not that far from me, that will help with shipping if we have to go that route. PM sent.