Looking for a 9mm

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by badfish888, Nov 22, 2013.

1. badfish888

badfish888 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2012 hemi express
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    The kel Tec pf9 caught my eye and I can get one at the exchange here for under 300. Does anyone here own one. Or know anything about them. I want something easily concealable. But can handle a day at the range. Which I often hear that the smaller subcompacts were never meant to handle a lot of shooting. I like the glock but are out of my price range rite now. I'd like to keep its as close to 300 as possible. Be a 9mm. And be built good enough to handle a decent amount of shooting. If any one has any other input. I haven't heard much about keltecs. Good or bad

2. willee51

willee51 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
    Engine:
    V-6
    Come on ..........

go with GLOCK :hail:

3. truckin151

truckin151 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2013 sport
    Engine:
    Check out the Sr9c

4. badfish888

badfish888 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2012 hemi express
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    ^. Ruger?

5. DanielSix26

DanielSix26 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I had a kel tec PF-9. I don't know how much shooting it is made to handle but I can promise that whatever it's limits, you will want to shoot it FAR less than that. It is miserable. It didn't point naturally for me, it is rough in the hand, and worst of all the trigger is a nightmare. It is suitable as a backup gun only. It is cheap cheap cheap. Needless to say I'm not a fan.

I hate being told this but you really would be happier if you saved a little longer and found a used G26.

nwram and Bigdaddy like this.
  6. Sacredsouls

Sacredsouls Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I had an xdm9 and it was amazing. Put over 3000 rounds thru it with no problems. Unfortunately come to find out it wasn't jersey legal and had to get rid of it. :(

7. mattman_13

mattman_13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I actually like my pf9. Agree its murder on the hands but any little light weight pistol is gonna be. The trigger isn't that great but I don't like double actions. Just takes used getting used to the break on it.

It is what it is. A cheap little pocket pistol. I carry mine in ball short pockets times when my g17 and super tuck would pull my pants down :/ lol
    If it's your main form of Self defense go glock. If its something to mess around with and carry occasionally I can see how its worth the 300.00

Edit for note on reliability: I've never had any malfunction out of 500-600 rounds. But did the recommended polishing for all kel-tec pistols before the 100 round break in. It's no glock (I'm a fanboi) but check youtube and etc for video reviews.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  8. JJP71584

JJP71584 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I have a kahr pm9 that is my conceal piece...very happy with it

9. ATRepair

ATRepair Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Had a keltec p11, highpoint c9, and Jennings POS 9mm. Wont' make those three mistakes EVER again. Cheap!!! Not just inexpensive they are CHEAP!!! Not reliable due to failure to feed, fire, and eject at an exceptional high frequency. Poorly finished and slapped together. The Jennings was by far the worst. The highpoint was surprisingly the best but still bad. I do like the look of the KSG but not willing to take a chance because of the p11.

Budget pistols I have are Springfield XD, XDm, XDS, Kimber 1911, Glock17, 19, 27, Ruger SR9, P89, Taurus 111g2, 140g2, 627. Nothing special on this list, no bling just full of function and reliability.

Function! Function! Function! A gun should function properly EVERY time.

10. lone12star

lone12star Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have a g26, xd9, sr9c, sig p2022, and a STI 1911 9mm. IMO best pistol for the price will be the Glock or the XD. Both of em feel great in the hand and shoot flawlessly, and have very little recoil. When I go to the range I practice the Mozambique drill and hit the target every time with those two pistols. I'm not a big fan of the kel tec either because of the frame. It might feel nice at first but while shooting it, It feels a bit rough on the hands, but that's just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free