Looking to lower my 2004 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben1195

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know there are a lot of write ups on this already just tired of seeing all the different ways and not know which to do. I'm thinking about doing a 2\4 drop. In the front should I just do torsion keys and if so where do I find them I haven't been able to locate them. With the back should I do lowering leaf springs or do the leaf spring flip an what all does it take to do the flip? I've never lowered anything before do you have to get a certain kind of shocks as well I'm not trying to spend an arm an a leg just trying to get an idea so I can start looking thank you

Last edited:

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can do the keys on the front, it's probably the easiest way. I see them on Ebay all the time. I did spindles because I needed to do lower ball joints anyway. For the rear I'd do leaf springs, a flip is going to give you 5" or so. I'm still running stock shocks on the front, since my spindle drop didn't change the length of suspension travel. On the rear I used BellTech Nitro drop shocks.