Lowered 3rd Gen Pics - Show Em Off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
here the scoop if its 4x4 lift it or level....4x2 drop it till your hearts content....

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You can drop a 4x4.... especialy if your racing it.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
360plus........I think was his name? that truck kick ass

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
whoa thats sexy.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
I'll be joining your ranks soon... got a 2/4 kit sitting in my den waiting to go in, its just to damn hot out to go work on anything right now.

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
I want to join so badly ! :crazy: But I'm having troubles finding something that will sit the truck maybe an inch higher in the rear than the front. May go for level with a small air bag for the load help. Currently sitting at 35.5" front and 39" rear (ground to center of wheel well fender).

Do not have over-load springs. Not too sure what they are but I'm sure they are the springs that would hit a set of stoppers if the rear was over loaded correct ? If so then my Dad's 3500 has them but I do not (Can get a pic to get this confirmed tomorrow).

With the difference being 3.5-4" wasn't sitting on too level a ground, I'm torn between McG's 2" shackles or their 4" rear flip kit. With the shackles it'd be less $$ but in the end the traction bar(s) I've been looking into are primarily for flip kits but are adaptable to stock setup.

Also with either set up anything I need to do with the drive-shafts angle?

Any thoughts or advice ? Sorry for the read :naughty:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
I'll be joining your ranks soon... got a 2/4 kit sitting in my den waiting to go in, its just to damn hot out to go work on anything right now.

your truck will be so bad ass dropped

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
I want to join so badly ! :crazy: But I'm having troubles finding something that will sit the truck maybe an inch higher in the rear than the front. May go for level with a small air bag for the load help. Currently sitting at 35.5" front and 39" rear (ground to center of wheel well fender).

Do not have over-load springs. Not too sure what they are but I'm sure they are the springs that would hit a set of stoppers if the rear was over loaded correct ? If so then my Dad's 3500 has them but I do not (Can get a pic to get this confirmed tomorrow).

With the difference being 3.5-4" wasn't sitting on too level a ground, I'm torn between McG's 2" shackles or their 4" rear flip kit. With the shackles it'd be less $$ but in the end the traction bar(s) I've been looking into are primarily for flip kits but are adaptable to stock setup.

belltech makes adjustable shackles im sure there are other ways

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine

The kit I got was a McG's 2/4 with the flip kit and it should have come with the adjustable shackles in the back. I am one of the very few that like the raked look too and wanted to keep that look even after being dropped.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
The kit I got was a McG's 2/4 with the flip kit and it should have come with the adjustable shackles in the back. I am one of the very few that like the raked look too and wanted to keep that look even after being dropped.

Anyone of the lowering kits with a basic flip kits with either springs or spindle will get you level. Typically if you go to the higher hole on the shackle you will be just a touch lower in the rear. If you use the other hole it will be level. With a air bag helper kit you can get the daggo look easy enough and still beable to haul any load you want. Also if you wanted to pre-load one of the rear wheels the air bags make it really simple.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
nice truckin glad you decided to drop it some more than we talked about....

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
OOOH yeah, I really like the look of these bad ass lowered 3g trucks!!

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Yeah just gotta wait til its cooler out unfortunately. Working when its 115* and humid sucks balls

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
OBTW, the lower trucks also get better gas mileage with less drag, this makes them also faster.... So this makes the drop kit a speed mod.......

Stating the obvious...

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pic with 2" drop shackles. I have taken the over load springs out since but need to take updated pics. It's only 1/4 inch off level now.

IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg

Last edited: