Lowered Rams short front end links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Confirmed with Spohn, all their links now come with the adjustable Del-Sphere bushings!

At least they're taking feed back from customers. That was one of my chief issues when I was talking with one of their designers after I had to replace all the PU bushings because they were torn. We were talking about how there was always going to be lateral movement on the arms unless the owner reworked the axle mounts, but then it just reduces it to a level that the bushing could accommodate the lateral movement.

ssxrnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB 4x4 Sport
Engine
It really is! I often forget I am driving a truck, lol.

You are going with adjustable control arms to center your axle, right? They are some of my favorite parts on my whole truck. People always ask me wtf they are.

I think I told you about this before, but remember to get the delrin bushings for the control arms, it's very important. You'll need to call the order in to Spohn, because I still don't see them on their website.

How do you modify the QA1s to fit? I know they will work but not sure of the process to modify for proper mounting.

ssxrnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB 4x4 Sport
Engine
I still prefer my Chris Alston endlinks because they remove the rubber bushing and allow for a higher mis-alignment than the stock design, but they're also $100 a side.

IMG_0411_zps4b9fc201.jpg

Where are these ends links available?

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered a set for Rockauto. Hopefully this will get rid if that pop noise I hear going through dips.

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered a set for Rockauto. Hopefully this will get rid if that pop noise I hear going through dips.

If you used BellTech shocks, you might want to look at your lower front control arms and make sure the shocks are still properly seated on the rubber bushing. I had a bad sound on mine shortly after my install. When I looked at the front end the BellTech shocks had worked themselves off the rubber bushing. I posted a thread and pictures here in the lowering section.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, how do you get the stock links removed? I couldnt figure it out this weekend. But i had the truck up on ramps as i didnt have any jack stands. Todays payday so i can buy those if i need them.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question, how do you get the stock links removed? I couldnt figure it out this weekend. But i had the truck up on ramps as i didnt have any jack stands. Todays payday so i can buy those if i need them.

IIRC, there are just two nuts, top and bottom. Quick and easy. :)

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IIRC, there are just two nuts, top and bottom. Quick and easy. :)
By top, do you mean the one that sits right underneath the swaybar or is there one thats lower near the i guess frame section piece it attaches to? Thats the only 1 could tell up top but maybe i need the truck on stands instead of ramps?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I wonder if the other endlinks up front may be causing squeaking too, I bought Hellwig for rear, now front makes a squeaking... :(

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Graygoose, I don't know about your Hellwig end links, but mine were not very well made. They were not parallel on both ends. I used them for a few months but the internal bushing is all messed up now and causing an thud when the rear end changes angles. I removed them and replaced the BellTech end links. I'm out of town so I can't provide any pictures. I'm also wondering about the front links making a thud/popping sound. Guess I'll put the truck on stands when I get back and take a look.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Hey man, actually JUST got around to putting them on, one thing I noticed is the bolts are dang sure smaller than the ones that came with the lowering kit. Luckily I kept them. Are you talking about you just put back on the straight bar endlinks? My looking, the Hellwigs look beefier.

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey man, actually JUST got around to putting them on, one thing I noticed is the bolts are dang sure smaller than the ones that came with the lowering kit. Luckily I kept them. Are you talking about you just put back on the straight bar endlinks? My looking, the Hellwigs look beefier.

I won't be able to shoot pictures of the Hellwigs after I pulled them for another 2 months. But they definitely elongated the bushings. The bolts fit the holes fine, but when I tried to make sure they were both adjusted to the same length the bolts would not slide freely between the two links no matter how I adjusted them. I know its might be hard to picture what I'm talking about. But, I adjusted the two links to the same length and the bolts would never slide into one and then the other when stacked on top of each other.

I went back to the end links BellTech ships with the 964SP 2/4 Kit. They may not be as "beefy" but I no longer hear the popping in the rear when the drive line is angled.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks for feedback, I will keep an eye on these!

Chief_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw this thread over on the Z forum and thought I'd share the info here. This mod will get your front sway bar more parallel with the road, which seems to improve steering response and ride. I installed the shorter end links today on my lowered '14 R/T and have to say it's a gerat mod. The end links are for a 2wd Ford F-150. I ordered Moog K80337 end links from Amazon for $30 a side. The only thing I did diffrent from the others was use both the factory and Moog supplied bushing cups because the Ford end link has a longer non threaded shaft that doesn't allow the rubber bushing to get enough preload. You can see what I did in the last picture. I "barrowed" a couple of pictures from the original thread :naughty:

19BD2331-AA86-4F8B-AA47-D8EFAFD65B20_zpsodrvncod.jpg

666A84F0-7597-4EBD-B087-FBF594293FBD_zps1i9fy3gb.jpg

0D1FDCD6-C8B4-4F46-B9CD-C881F1C125EC_zpsorybivjx.jpg

16D62553-77F7-4394-9914-42C2A191D544_zpsw59lhotj.jpg

What kind of drop do you have ? Spindles or springs?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn