Lowering questions with D100

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 1stgen, Apr 2, 2015.

1. 1stgen

1stgen Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hello all, so I have an 88 D100 I want to lower, I've been looking around the internet some time now doing my research and it seems the common route is flipping the rear axle to get the ass down low which is mainly what I want done, pretty happy with the front as it sits for now anyways.

I found this axle flip kit but I've also read an axle flip as a way to lift a vehicle? How would I know if this is a lift or drop? They have provided this image:
    [​IMG]

And they list it as for a D150 which was my other question, would it bolt onto a D100 or require modification of some sort? (assuming its even what I need)

Few more things, I'm not 100% sure it would get too low in the back and be lower than the front, whats an effective way to lower the front? Cost is not so much an issue more than lack of skill here to build things lol, thanks! Picture or two of the rig: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1stgen

1stgen Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Bump, anybody have any ideas? Or is this not the correct spot to ask?

3. dodge dude94

dodge dude94 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1998 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    Axle flips go both ways. You would lower the truck by making the axle sit on top of the springs.
    That is good for about 2-4 inches I believe.
    For the front you can get a set of Dodge B-series van lower control arms and net about 2 inches. More than that and you'll need lowering coils.

Merc225hp likes this.
  4. 1stgen

1stgen Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thanks for the reply, that reaffirms some things I had been wondering actually. More or less thats all I need from dropping it nothing too radical just a bit of a better stance. Few more questions, is there a specific year or whatnot of said van that the LCAs need to be off of? And this was the kit I found specifically the actual page: 1974 1993 Dodge D150 RAM Charger 6" Rear Flip KIT | eBay it says 6" now I'm not 100% if thats going to require new shocks and some other shit or not, thoughts? Again thank you very much for the input its greatly appreciated!

5. 1stgen

1stgen Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Will i need new shocks for the rear? Sorry to double post just buying parts online and getting it all sorted i would assume they would have less room to travel and perhaps bottom out?

6. dodge dude94

dodge dude94 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1998 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    To my knowledge anything lower than 2" will require drop shocks. I do not know what good brands are as I am not a lowered guy.

Van LCAs were the same from 72-90 for sure. I think the later vans used the same frame as the older ones.

7. DodgeAddict

DodgeAddict Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 Magnum
    No special shocks needed[​IMG]