Lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawneee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi
Planning on a 2/4 drop on my 2018 and after reading and re-reading the comments on different shocks and kits people have used I haven't seen much on the actual springs. I'm sure the different manufactures use slightly different progressive spring rates in their coils and was just wondering if anyone had any comments on that subject.

My parts list so far:
QA1 shocks front and rear
Ford end links front
Helper air bags rear
No Cut brackets
Adjustable track bar if more tweaking is needed after the relocation bracket
And of course the coil springs once I have them narrowed down.
Bump stop mods or replacements as well.

Surely I'll be able to keep the factory 22x9 with 285/45's with no rubbing.

Thanks for any input, questions, answers, cus or discuss.

Eddywardo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plan on buying those items excluding the air bags as well , good luck man I probably won't buy them anytime soon since I'm barely getting started on performance parts. Suspension will be next then aesthetics.

B. Stew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 3500HD
Engine
6.7L Turbo
Which QA1s did you go with for the front and rear ?

OP
OP
Shawneee

Shawneee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi
I plan on buying those items excluding the air bags as well , good luck man I probably won't buy them anytime soon since I'm barely getting started on performance parts. Suspension will be next then aesthetics.

I thought I'd get mine down first and then some performance adders.

Has anyone used 2" drop spindles up front?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
:wave:

McGaughys 2" drop spindles up front...plus a 1" Crown Suspension lowering spring, for a 3•4 drop.

View attachment 131425

You can have a machine shop narrow the spindles slightly if you don't like the front tires sticking out 3/8" more then they do with the stock spindles Booms. My drop spindles are narrowed 0.650" so a little over 5/8" to bring the front tires back in

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can find the kit, ground force 2/3 . No need for no cut brackets, only thing I added was the adjustable panhard bar. This is on my 2018 single cab sport. Had the beltech and all the other BS on my 2016, this kit is much better.

OP
OP
Shawneee

Shawneee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi
I like the idea of 3" drop in the rear for a slight rake. And not having to install the Illicit brackets. Looking at spindles instead of springs up front so It's not a pita to get it aligned. Still debating between Bilstein and QA1 on shocks because have Bilstein on my Dakota Sport and love them. In the end, wanting the truck to handle in the corners and be a little bit tighter all around.