lowering the baby Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankfhumbert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9 V6
now when I say baby Ram, I mean a 1500, reg cab, long bed, V6... Work Special!
just signed up here this morning since I now have a platform worth to persue in lowering.
picked up an almost exact copy of my first truck, a 97, but only difference is mileage and 5 speed. I had to retire the 97 due to rust and mileage (206K) whereas the new one, a 96, has 91K on it now. both Work Special
now im freshing up the front suspension since the previous owner bent the lower control arms back but I do want to see this thing dropped ever since ive had the first one.
only questions are is there any real difference with springs between the V6 and V8? (stock and aftermarket) which springs and/or spindles are people running? and basically what to do with the rear end... ive been looking through belltech for about a year now and they used to have lowering leaf springs (4 inch) but now only have lowering shackles (up to 2 inch). ive found on ebay, different sets of 2 inch lowering shackles and lowering hangers (2 inch).
and I do plan on using it as a truck still: hauling/carrying.

sorry this post was just so damn long btw!