Lumbar seat/controls issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Seat is busted in fully inflated position(bought it like this). Anyway to deflate it until I have time to troubleshoot it? If I push the buttons I can feel something going on in the seat but nothing happens. Anybody know what could be the problem? Could it possibly just be a bad switch or something simple like that? Damn thing is giving me a back ache!

OP
OP
hotkarl

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Think I made some progress with troubleshooting. Seems this is a somewhat common issue with these trucks. Spent an hour or so online researching and found a starting point to try and figure this out.

DodgeDrII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
were you able to figure out the issue with ease? Having the same issue now. Thank you.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seat is busted in fully inflated position(bought it like this). Anyway to deflate it until I have time to troubleshoot it? If I push the buttons I can feel something going on in the seat but nothing happens. Anybody know what could be the problem? Could it possibly just be a bad switch or something simple like that? Damn thing is giving me a back ache!

I just bought an 02 sport and same exact scenario. If you could please let us know what you found out.

OP
OP
hotkarl

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I figured it out and found the issue but never actually did the repair because I ended up putting in new leather seats. Basically you pull up the fabric from the seat back and from the bottom of the back of the seat you can move the foam and locate the gears for the lumbar. What happens is the assembly separates, Then use a zip tie to reattach it. The exact procedure can be found online, I remember finding it easy enough with a Google search.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I have seen plenty of writeups on the lumbar, but non for the power version. All had been manual adjust which I have power, but I will try the same method at this point.

Pschlup1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the power lumbar seat has fuse for it?