M² Mods Intro & Project List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
M2grimm. I bought the camera reroute harness from infotainment.com. I have a 2014 R2 radio (1C6RR7KTXES343642). It’s in a 2013 ram1500. Anyway Everything works great. New auto dim mirror bezel and factory harness to passenger firewall. Awesome. Then I install the reroute kit infotainment sent me. Correctly install pass through with rca video cable splice at firewall. I then install harness they gave me to factory radio plug. Plug rca cable in and start truck. Put truck in reverse, and no change on video screen. Still has radio displayed. Nothing. So I call the tech and now they think it’s something with my firmware? I don’t think they sent me right harness. I have extra four pin connector just hanging and has red, green, black and orange wire. Looks like a power plug to me. But it is not supposed to get plugged in so they say. I just need a 3 pin jumper from the fire wall block to the back of the original radio multipin connector. I am so confused and frustrated and confused. This should not be this difficult. Any suggestions?

Mac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having problems with infotainment harness
to reroute camera to RA2
1C6RR7KTXES343642
radio.
Installed harness as directed, ran spliced in rca video cable to their harness put truck in reverse and video screen did not change. Called tech at infotainment.com and they said something about firmware and said they would call me back tomorrow. As I already had truck apart. They insist they sent me correct harness but I have extra four pin plug hanging from main harness bundle. Has red, black, green and orange wires to connector and just hangs there I guess. Anyway, I assume the camera reroute to be a simple task and I wanted to stay away from messing with pins and plugs, so I went with infotainment, but now I am not sure as this should not be that hard from everything I have read. It’s a simple 3 connector jumper from the firewall connector to the original radio harness, I thought. Anyway, so now I am stuck. Any suggestions ? I checked my vin and the radio is up to date with uconnect updates. I am not sure what firmware they are talking about or how that interplay’s with everything. I would appreciate some advice. [email protected]

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Pm sent. Not familiar with the install directions for their harness bit can give you a call Wednesday to discuss.

M² Mods.

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I need to see about getting a harness made so I can install my overhead console with homelink. I tested everything and it works. I could just tap the wires but I prefer a factory style look.

I’m planing on adding auto dim rear view mirror, both illuminated visors, and the overhead console with homelink, mood light (cup holder light) and of course the reading lights. I’d also like to add a rear dome light since I have a crew cab, that center light really doesn’t illuminate much. Oh and add Clearance lights. I’m not sure if I could use the 2500 harness for auto dim and hands free with clearance lights? I know I may have to change some pins around.

Just curious how much a harness for this would be? If I could get the pins that fit the 16 way green connector I could make it myself but the place that has them is 100 each min order ugh.

My truck is a ‘12 Ram Express crew cab 4x4. I’ve already got the EVIC and center console with floor shift. All works fine. Just want the upper stuff.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Luis Paniagua

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Looking at installing an Used Oem bumper with fogs onto my 2016 2500 tradesman,

So far I just have the bumper/w fogs need the right wiring harness

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Rockcut72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recieved my 8.4, 7 speed conversion harness today. The quality was awesome and the install was painless. Everything works as it should. I couldn't be happier.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Alright!! All finished! I am going to sleep now, not used to all this work. Here are some pics for you all.

Leather steering wheel, steering wheel audio controls, premium gauge cluster, RA4 radio with navigation, premium ac heat controls, sport center dash bezel. All installed this week.

I could not have done any of this with out the help from Mike G. "M2 MODS" with all the questions and emails we exchanged. Even at 2am when this guy is exhausted driving home from work he still found the time to answer my calls and questions. And of course his custom 7 speed fan harness and cell bypass plug worked perfectly! Also to Don got getting me the Premium Cluster and RA4 Radio for a great price and both arriving in like new condition. Thank you both for all the help.

Of course all the unnamed people on the forum that took the time to answer my questions and concerns I also want to say thank you.

Looks like the Carpet and Console are next, will post more soon!

cluster1.jpg

cluster2.jpg

ri3.jpg

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice ! It's a great feeling to get it all done [emoji1303]
Mpgrimm2 with M2MODS is truely a special individual imho .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Very nice ! It's a great feeling to get it all done [emoji1303]
Mpgrimm2 with M2MODS is truely a special individual imho .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes it is, yes it is!

Kiley Taylor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi guys. I am new to the forum. Wondering how you PM someone to get a wiring harness? I did hit the contact us at the bottom but wasn't sure that went to the admin or Mike D./Mike G.

Thanks!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys. I am new to the forum. Wondering how you PM someone to get a wiring harness? I did hit the contact us at the bottom but wasn't sure that went to the admin or Mike D./Mike G.

Thanks!

Go to the very first post on this page by MPgrimm2. That is Mike G. Click on his picture to pull his profile up and send him a message directly. He will help you out with everything that you need.

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Thanks!
Sent you a private message/conversation.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Coming soon....

Microphone reroute harness to allow 17-18 trucks to use 13-16 mirrors with the mics built in & 13-16 Mopar mirror header harness.
DIY: 2013-2016 RearView Mirror Upgrade & Harness install
$60 shipped
& can add in Bu Cam Reroute option for $10 (shown)

Will be sending out the first one for testing/confirmation this week.7d826faae3eadcabe70c5cd74390d0a4.jpg

M² Mods.

Last edited:

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 12 ram that did not have oem uconnect/Bluetooth. I’ve already added the option. I have the module I just need a wiring diagram for the rear view mirror to the uconnect and radio. I have all the pigtails and terminals with crimpers. Can anyone supply the wiring diagram? If I had the extra cash I’d just have one made but on a tight budget. My buddy got rid of his hands free module (I don’t get why now his auto dimming mirror doesn’t work lol. I tried to tell him to leave it. But instead he gave it to me). We traded my mirror for his hands free auto dim mirror and uconnect module, and I disabled his uconnect. I also got the steering wheel controls too and gave him my non hands free controls.

I’d greatly appreciate some schematics. I already have a pretty good idea I know the can connections and power/ground. But I’m confused as there are 3 plugs on my uconnect. One is the main harness. The other is a 10pin and a proprietary usb connector. That I don’t care about. But the 10pin onuconnect he didn’t have a plug in it. Just the 22 pin. On the back of his radio he had the 10pin that would also fit the uconnect.

I appreciate any guidance.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have a 12 ram that did not have oem uconnect/Bluetooth. I’ve already added the option. I have the module I just need a wiring diagram for the rear view mirror to the uconnect and radio. I have all the pigtails and terminals with crimpers. Can anyone supply the wiring diagram? If I had the extra cash I’d just have one made but on a tight budget. My buddy got rid of his hands free module (I don’t get why now his auto dimming mirror doesn’t work lol. I tried to tell him to leave it. But instead he gave it to me). We traded my mirror for his hands free auto dim mirror and uconnect module, and I disabled his uconnect. I also got the steering wheel controls too and gave him my non hands free controls.

I’d greatly appreciate some schematics. I already have a pretty good idea I know the can connections and power/ground. But I’m confused as there are 3 plugs on my uconnect. One is the main harness. The other is a 10pin and a proprietary usb connector. That I don’t care about. But the 10pin onuconnect he didn’t have a plug in it. Just the 22 pin. On the back of his radio he had the 10pin that would also fit the uconnect.

I appreciate any guidance.
We don't generally have schematics (I've got a few for foglights) for the 09-12 trucks but you can sign up for a 1 day or 3 day TechAuthority subscription for less than $30 & get what you need.

https://www.techauthority.com/

M² Mods.