MA new inspections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have any of you guys with a 4” lift been to a new inspection station in MA? I just ordered mine and also just found out about the new inspection system with cameras and all that stuff and now I’m afraid to put on the lift. I’m wondering if I’m gonna be able to pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Run your truck through inspection before you install the lift, no?

And there's other ways around state inspection.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I’m good until July but with this new system they are supposedly going to lose their inspection licenses if they pass “illegal” vehicles.

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn’t due until February but I went in September. My inspector said I will be fine with the 4” lift with stock tires

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Well I’m good until July but with this new system they are supposedly going to lose their inspection licenses if they pass “illegal” vehicles.

You don't need to go through to get a sticker, hint,hint.

OP
OP
B

BRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m picking up what you’re putting down wink, wink. Haha but seriously I was reading that places that were strict before will still be strict, places that weren’t strict won’t be strict now. There’s no way someone is gonna go through all that camera footage.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Last edited:

dietDrThunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, I _so_ don't miss MA when it comes to this kind of stuff (I grew up in Southampton). Such a ridiculous hassle...nanny state gone mad. I mean seriously...cameras??? Is there really a massive problem with unsafe cars getting stickers that rises to the level of needing this kind of intervention? Uh...no!

I live in TN now, and have for about 12 years. In some counties, you have to get emissions tested once a year, and others, nothing at all. I just moved to a county where this is no inspection of any kind.

And guess what? There is no epidemic of wheels falling off, or run away pollution, or any other related problem. One county recently dropped the emissions testing after a review of the data showed that over 96% of vehicles tested passed on the first try, over the last 12 years.

Anyway, the point is, I feel your pain! Never forget! :)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Run your truck through inspection before you install the lift, no?
And there's other ways around state inspection.

Install lift after state inspection,......and then what happens the following year??!! Take it off for the inspection and reinstall it again after?!?! :crazy: :crazy: LOL

What are the ways around the inspection?

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I got my yearly inspection sticker this morning. Passed no problem with the Flowmaster Outlaw muffler. I checked with my buddy before even having him enter the bay. (We've been friends for years.)

Let me tell you though, the guys with lifted trucks that are over the limit or cars that are lower than a certain amount of going to be pissed off. After February 1st, it gets stupid tough. My buddy showed me all the stuff he had to do today.
Take pictures of the front and rear of vehicle. Take the photo of the vehicle info on the door jamb. Take his own photo and go through a check list. It's really going to be a pain in the ****. Exhaust isn't too bad. Next year they HAVE to jack up the vehicles to check underneath and all that crap. He showed me all the stuff on the computer. It's screen after screen after screen. They're getting cameras installed in February.
For example, if your headlight is cloudy, he has to take photos and clean it. Then they, the gas station, charge you for the labor. It's ******* ********. Pretty soon we won't be able to mod our vehicles in MA.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Old thread I know, I just got my 2018 inspection sticker today. Went through no problem with my Mufflex 24 and Hemifever 89 tune installed. I think it all depends on who you go to. I wouldn't go to any dealership if you have mods...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963