Maxcare Warranty & Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I looked around at a couple of posts and couldn't find anyone who had been denied warranty work under the Maxcare Lifetime because of tires but wanted to ask everyone.

I still have the OEM Goodyears but cannot wait to wear these out. I'm not even a lead foot and have to be so careful when it rains, maybe it is the Pedal Commander... I like the stock Longhorn 20X9 rims and want to go a little larger on the tire but was just reading my warranty and found this:

1.JPG 2.JPG

I'm willing to chance going up a size or two but being totally ignorant about tires what size should I be looking at? I really like the look of the NITTO Ridge Grappler. I am not going to mess with any spacers or anything like that. Also, no lift, not leveled all stock 4X4. Also if I am going to go up a size will it affect the speedometer enough to worry about it?

Thanks!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I haven't heard of anyone being denied coverage for going a bit taller.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mopar level kit they advertise says you can fit up to 34” tires. Why would they encourage this if they were going to deny coverage on their own warranty? I’d say do it. Slightly larger rubber shouldn’t deny you your warranty.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you go up a tire size you won't need to calibrate anything.