McGaughy's 3/5 Drop Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys/ Gals,

I just finished my drop. My total drop was 3" front, 5"rear. I used McGaughy's 2/4.5 drop kit (94002), McGaughy's 2" Drop Coils, and Belltech 1" Spacer.

Here are the pics:

Before-
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjcuanBn.jpg

After-
utf-8BSU1BRzAyNTQuanBn.jpg

Front Wheel-
utf-8BSU1BRzAyNTYuanBn.jpg

Rear Wheel-
utf-8BSU1BRzAyNTcuanBn.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their input and help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
hells ya looks awesome

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get it aligned Wednesday and take it for a spin! I put new brakes on the front, painted the calipers red. Hopefully today I'll do the same for the rear.

Next comes the body kit. Hopefully I'll get the ball rolling on that soon. Just weighing my options, but I'd say the kit from 3rd Strike is looking pretty good. The money's in the bank, just gotta make my move!

This drop kit has me looking at 22's. Money, money money....:)

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
lol i hear ya on that one, so far i've spent almost 4k on my truck in a short amount of time, takin a break for a bit lol

keep up the good work!

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya, it's hard to part with all that money, but knowing what it will do for my truck, it's worth it. I'm still waiting to hear from Duane on the details of the conversion. As soon as he lets me know on a few details, I'll be shelling out some more $$$. I do plan to check with my body shop and see what he can get the kit for as compared to 3rd Strike. One way or another, it will happen!

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've always liked a lowered regular cab. It just something about it.. Have a question though. Where did you use the Belltech 1" spacer?

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The spacer is for the front drop coils. The drop coils are 2" drop. I only needed 1", so I installed the spacer in place of the top rubber isolator on the coils.

OP
OP
B

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I took it in for the alignment yesterday, but they weren't able to get it done. They said I needed a Camber/Alignment kit since I dropped past the 2" mark. I knew my alignment was way off, wish I would have known about the kit so I would have had it ready. Now I have to wait another few days for it to arrive and for my new appointment. BOOOO!!!

On the bright side, I ordered my 06-08 SRT Front end conversion kit! :)

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i like to call a 3/5 drop with 22's the Charlie Sheen, because it's Winning

T-SPOON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOOKS GREAT!.. all you did is confuse me further!..uhh up or down

HEMIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks awesome, but you must be right on the bump stops or did you address that somehow?