might not see me much for a while on the forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What city/state is U&A in?

southern Michigan

filed for Unemployment today. its depressing to say the least but iv gotten out of this mess before. just never done it with a kid. the company that was talking about buying out our welding shop doesn't look to interested any more. dont think its going to happen but ill know more tonight.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck!!! I hope you find something soon. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Jay

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Try for a retirement job.

Railroad is usually hiring track guys. Good pay and pretty decent retirement. My buddy just retired. His retirement is $5500, RR wife's get 50% of their mans retirement, capped at $2500 so she gets the cap amount of $2500. That's $8,000 per month, between them, retired.

Post Office Retirement is not what it once was but still a very decent retirement. Post office generally only hire Temps or Flex. Then, after a couple of years, they convert the temps to full time.

Good Luck to you.

May want to see if your state has any training they will pay for, if you want to change job fields.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
That's unfortunate. Many times through perseverance a situation like this works out for the better in the long run. My wife was 6 months along with our first one when I had to change jobs because the doors were closing. Only 4.5 years later I'm making $6.50 more/hour plus I have a fantastic benefits package now.

Welding as a skill is highly sought after. Not everybody can do it and not everyone wants to do it. Hopefully you find something better than you had. :favorites13:

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That's unfortunate. Many times through perseverance a situation like this works out for the better in the long run. My wife was 6 months along with our first one when I had to change jobs because the doors were closing. Only 4.5 years later I'm making $6.50 more/hour plus I have a fantastic benefits package now.

Welding as a skill is highly sought after. Not everybody can do it and not everyone wants to do it. Hopefully you find something better than you had. :favorites13:

What i had was good and i was prepared to stay there for a long time. Heck if the doors would have stayed open for another mounth or so a guy that worked there would have made 40 years in the place.

Aand for thouse that are helping with suggestions, thank you so much. I am weighing my options right now but there is one thing that i will not do. Even if it means i make way more money doing it. I wont take a job that keeps me from being with my family as much as i want.

Thats most important to me. Period. Im not going to miss out on my son growing up. id give up a larger salary for that any day....so long as my income and wifes income combined keeps us well within our comfort range.

Thank you for all the support and well wishes. I STILL havent heard if our company is getting bought out yet.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Sorry to hear that, good luck man! Hopefully you find something soon!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hang in there--you have a valued skill set and will find something. Best of luck.

Handyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very unfortunate to hear. One door closes and another opens. On a positive note, your skillset lends you to side work and odd jobs until full employment.

Positive vibes sent your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On a note for side jobs while you look for a primary one, I have been picking up a lot of market research stuff. Takes some time to find the companies and how to play the system, but I usually bring in at least $500 extra a month for maybe 6-8 hours of my time per month, plus sometimes some free food or product. Have one Monday that is two hours for $125 and was set as a "back-up" for another, literally did nothing was sent $200.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Wish me luck guys.
Long story short, iv had an offer from a company on the table for a week now. A previous company i worked for. I was thinking if stopping buy to check them out but they beat me to it. They heard i was unemployed and called me up with a job offer. Already had my resume, got it through the grape vine i think. They are offering most everything im looking for besides the hours. They arnt bad. They are "doable" for sure while still leaving family time. Starting pay is slightly better than what i had before too with promised increases.

I am planning on accepting it beginning of next week .....i think, unless somthing elses comes up.

I usually dont let the "cat out the bag" by telling people until its already a sealed deal but you guys have been so supportive that id just thought id share.

Thanks to all and wish me luck.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
well I accepted the job today. As Iv said iv been there before and im going to start out by continuing the duties I did before to just get some time under my belt before moving up.
current duties, press break operation, weld, fabricate, assemble machines and some CAD work.

lots of opportunities are to come like quoting, sales, on "on site" custom fab, CAD design, laser programing, layout design and more , such as a supervisor position

IRA matching as well.

and the best part is it is all in writing on the job offer letter. I start on monday.

thanks for the well wishes. now time to get comfortable there and then get some tires for my truck.

Last edited:

Ram_Fish1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 BigHorn CC 4x4
Engine
5.7L
Glad it worked out well for Ya man!

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sorry to hear.
Went through it earlier this year, so I know what it's like.

Best of luck to you.