Miles to Service Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my CPO '14 the service guy at the dealer told me (I thought) that the series of 6 or 7 dots across the top of the screen showing the tire pressures was the "miles to service" indicator. More dots illuminated, less miles left to service. Made sense as I'd owned vehicles with similar indicators before. Having put over 6K miles on my truck the dots are still showing only one illuminated. I have attempted to read the manual, both online as well as the hard copy, but I haven't found anything on the subject. I'm not necessarily going to rely on the dots, but was curious if I miss heard, the unit isn't functioning, or I'm such a wonderful driver that the vehicle doesn't feel I need to get service yet!

medicman91681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you referring to these dots? If so I was under the impression that was just what sub menu your in on the computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medicman91681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you referring to these dots? If so I was under the impression that was just what sub menu your in on the computer

5a380dbdaee55a6a75d13b7edfb57027.jpg

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aha! Now I need to scroll through and see what happens! I always leave the screen on the tire pressure readings so I didn't think to see if they changed.

Thanks!

medicman91681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aha! Now I need to scroll through and see what happens! I always leave the screen on the tire pressure readings so I didn't think to see if they changed.

Thanks!
Use the left and right arrows on the steering wheel

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just checked my truck. Actually the indicators may be to show which screen you are on but they only actually are visible on the tire pressure screen. Not a problem, at least I now know what the dots are for!

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If you use the left and right arrows, there is actually an Oil Life gauge in the sub menu.