Minor accident this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure where this goes but figured I would share.

Minor fender bender this morning at 4am.

Other car was a 1971 VW square back. Didn't snap a picture of his car sadly. His rear quarter panel was banged in real good. I am kind of concerned about his car though. It was such a piece of crap I am not sure if he will try and claim I did all of the damage to it somehow. Police showed up and wouldn't make a report because it was such minor damage.

It cracked my foglight housing a bit and pushed the bumper in. Thankfully the bumper didn't contact the grill.

Just a bummer overall not a big deal. Figured I would share. Good morning to me! :happy107:

IMG_20180508_051528917.jpg

IMG_20180508_051538805.jpg

IMG_20180508_051547078.jpg

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry to see this. Might be a good time to upgrade the bumper!

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to see this. Might be a good time to upgrade the bumper!

Not a big deal. Absolutely could have been worse.

What do you think? Sport bumper? Or some offroad bumper? Looks like a sport bumper and an off-road one will be about the same price.

I imagine the quote to fix it will be pretty low. I am thinking about doing this out of pocket so my carfax doesn't take a hit too.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not a big deal. Absolutely could have been worse.

What do you think? Sport bumper? Or some offroad bumper? Looks like a sport bumper and an off-road one will be about the same price.

I imagine the quote to fix it will be pretty low. I am thinking about doing this out of pocket so my carfax doesn't take a hit too.

I would go off road bumper. Lots of deer by me.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bet if you take it to a local body shop it will be around $1000. to fix it, parts and labor.
Jay

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet if you take it to a local body shop it will be around $1000. to fix it, parts and labor.
Jay

And since my deductible is $1000 I might as well just do it myself. If I go with an offroad bumper I won't need a new fog light housing either.

It is going to be a tough choice. So far the only one I really like is the Go Rhino BR5. But it will look weird until I lift the truck I think. I am going to get some estimates after work. Insurance company was really quick to respond too. Already spoke with an adjuster.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a quote from my favorite body shop. Came out to roughly $1800.

That's all oem parts. The bumper costs $850 and the inner fender is $96. Those are the only two parts I need. They said they can fix the upper bumper that is painted. If I keep the OEM style bumper I am going to get the marimoto fogs so I didn't include the fog light.

Can I swap the chrome bumper I have to the chrome bumper that has the large opening across the front? I would actually prefer that bumper so I can mount a light bar.

I'm not liking any of the off-road bumpers I'm finding so far. Either too much of a pre-runner look or the bumper sticks out way too far.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just remember, if you swap to a plastic painted bumper, there are about $900. Worth of parts behind the bumper you have to change. Got my plastic painted bumper off of ebay shipped for $275.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just remember, if you swap to a plastic painted bumper, there are about $900. Worth of parts behind the bumper you have to change. Got my plastic painted bumper off of ebay shipped for $275.

That's why I'm really leaning towards staying with a chrome bumper. If it's a direct swap to go with the chrome bumper that has the larger opening, I will do that. I just want a place to mount a light bar up front.

I am no stranger to body modding trucks but, as nice as that sport bumper looks, do I really want to get into it? This thing is slowly turning into my Dakota R/t and my Tacoma xrunner. I just can't leave it alone!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's why I'm really leaning towards staying with a chrome bumper. If it's a direct swap to go with the chrome bumper that has the larger opening, I will do that. I just want a place to mount a light bar up front.

I am no stranger to body modding trucks but, as nice as that sport bumper looks, do I really want to get into it? This thing is slowly turning into my Dakota R/t and my Tacoma xrunner. I just can't leave it alone!

Check out the iron cross low profile bumper and see what you think.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck fixed up over the weekend. I ended up getting OEM parts. I didn't like the look of offroad bumpers. Maybe I will once I do the 6in lift.

New chrome bumper and upper bumper cover as well as a fender liner. Total cost was $596. My buddy works at a body shop and really hooked me up with the parts and painting the cover.

Now I don't feel ashamed driving around with that nasty looking front end haha.

Oh, I also did the AGS delete too. Pretty cool mod. I am seeing about a 15 degree drop in coolant temperature.

IMG_20180517_173825334.jpg

IMG_20180517_142445495.jpg

Last edited: