Mishimoto's Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi Oil Catch Can R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Pre-sale price is a good deal.

MSRP? Meh!

Be sure to get the presale price!

I haven't installed a CC yet on my 2016 Ram with 18,000 miles, so I'm going to give it a try. Just placed my order!

Awesome. Thanks!

I haven't installed a CC yet on my 2016 Ram with 18,000 miles, so I'm going to give it a try. Just placed my order!

Ordered for my new (to me) 2103. Looking forward to getting it installed.

Be sure to let us know what you think when you get it installed!

Did I make this up in my head, or did I not read somewhere in this thread or online if paying by PayPal it would be charged immediately, but if paying by credit card the charge would be held until shipped? Because it seems it charged my credit card immediately after placing my online order.

You are perfectly right. Paypal will charge the funds immediately, while a charge card purchase will delay the charge until product actually ships from our warehouse. If your card was charged, it was most likely just an authorization/hold. It should drop off in a day or two. If it doesn't let me know.

-Diamaan

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did the price go up already? The site is showing 169. I have a Billet Tech on my truck now. I would be curious to change it out but it is difficult to justify a new one at that price point when I have one already :/ Great to see more options out there though!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Did the price go up already? The site is showing 169. I have a Billet Tech on my truck now. I would be curious to change it out but it is difficult to justify a new one at that price point when I have one already :/ Great to see more options out there though!

Sorry guys, I entered the wrong price in there. That was a mistake on my end. It's now updated! The presale price is $169.95.

-Diamaan

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Placed my Pre-order! Now I am just waiting for you guys to announce that you are working on a performance radiator for the Ram 1500 with the 5.7L (hint, hint...)

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Placed my Pre-order! Now I am just waiting for you guys to announce that you are working on a performance radiator for the Ram 1500 with the 5.7L (hint, hint...)
Hint Hint!!

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Post number 21 is the best description on this item or any oil catch can, for that matter.
If they were all free, I would not install one.
The manufactures of this product and any catch can has found a gold mine in the people that are so naive about their Hemi motors.
How about Helium for your tires?LOLOLOLOLOL
Capitalism at It's best.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Post number 21 is the best description on this item or any oil catch can, for that matter.
The manufactures of this product and any catch can has found a gold mine in the people that are so naive about their Hemi motors.
Capitalism at It's best.

Haha!....you just called a bunch of people *********

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't let Cuda lure you into his trap. This looks like a great product. I will be placing my pre-order.:favorites13:

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oil catch cans sales are through the roof.

Do not get upset by this snowflake, that is scared by capitalism. He thinks emissions requirements have been the same the last 20 years. Yes Cuda that is the difference. Do you think emissions are the same now then what they were 20 years ago! Sorry little man, not even close! Yes cuda lot of the same parts with much different programing.

It was people like you I loved to pull my Cummins up beside and let the coal roll haha.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't let Cuda lure you into his trap. This looks like a great product. I will be placing my pre-order.:favorites13:

Solid built product - that it looks. But he is right... Catch Cans for people that fall for pyramid schemes. I got some Herbalife that will help you loose some 30lbs and make you millionaire in six months. :roflsquared:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Solid built product - that it looks. But he is right... Catch Cans for people that fall for pyramid schemes. I got some Herbalife that will help you loose some 30lbs and make you millionaire in six months. :roflsquared:

Ha, what is markcude your dad? you two support each other pretty well.

Its funny you two are the only ones to ***** about this product.
Father and son or.....

It would be nice if you or your dad would prove this product is as worthless as you and your dad say.

Show us the proof it severes no purpose and does not benefit the motor any way.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol... more than just us are not fans of it.

We don't need to prove it's worthless, since it costs no money to not have it. It needs to proven that the oil has a negative effect on the motor. We are not the ones shelling out $200 for a unproven product with no data behind it.

I have yet to see ANY evidence that this is beneficial. Is it a feel good because your removing oil from your car? Sure.... however there is ZERO proof that this benefits anything. As I have stated before, there are plenty of 5.7s with over 200k miles, no catch can and no issues.

I believe it was this thread where someone quoted an engineer from GM saying this product is useless. They make it for every engine, and forum suckers buy it up for every car manufacturer.

Until someone can definitively prove 100% that this product actually helps anything, in my eyes it is a waste of money.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Capitalism at It's best.

You and your son should put up some proof this product does nothing.
Or can you not do this so you just run your mouth instead.
I have yet to ever see a post of yours that helped anyone on this forum, you either bash or just make smartass rude comments and it makes people wonder why you are even on this forum.

Having a opinion on somthing is one thing but all you seem to have is a bad attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTD

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You and your son should put up some proof this product does nothing.
Or can you not do this so you just run your mouth instead.
I have yet to ever see a post of yours that helped anyone on this forum, you either bash or just make smartass rude comments and it makes people wonder why you are even on this forum.

Having a opinion on somthing but all you say to have is a bad attitude.

The product obviously does something (it removes oil). Prove it is a benefit.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Never said it was, just get tired or reading through post to see the same 2 people ***** about it and call people stupid or foolish for buying it.
If you dont want it why even read the thread, you 2 are not going to change anyones mind I mean crap nobody even listens to markcude advise anyway. oh wait he never gives any my bad.

Reactions: CTD

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure about him, but I try to help people. I am cheap, so I won't buy anything unless I know it has a proven benefit. Some people buy just because everyone else did, or it's the forum ***** (saw this all the time when I was big into Car Audio). I think people should at least have an alternate opinion to think about before spending $200.

You are right though, I should not insult anyone that has bought one. I know people pay a hell of lot more money than $200 for peace of mind. I will however continue to argue that it's benefits are not proven.