Mishimoto's Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi Oil Catch Can R&D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sent an email a few days ago and just received a reply stating that they expect to start shipping Oct 15.

Yeah, the 10/15 estimate was what they told me to.

Interestingly i got a survey from them and provided the feedback that if they chose to engage potential customers on various media platforms, then they needed to be committed to replying back to those platforms within 48 hours of a question being posted.
I think the most frustrating part of all of this has been the lack of (or severely delayed) follow through.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi everybody,

I apologize for the lack of communication on this thread, Diamaan is no longer with the company and the email address for this forum had not been switched over to mine. We are delayed from the initial anticipated release date of early September - right now we are just waiting on confirmation of inventory at the warehouse before we can start shipping these.

We hope to have confirmation and begin shipping in the next few weeks, but I will actually keep you all updated as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks and apologies again,

-Steve

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I received an update today that echoed the one listed above, and that they are still anticipating to ship out preorders around the 15th.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey everybody,

We're still waiting for these to be inventoried at the warehouse. I didn't realize it earlier, but the 15th is this Sunday, so the catch cans won't be shipping out that day, but hopefully soon after. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear anything new.

Thanks,

-Steve

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We had mentioned this to the previous Mishimoto employee, there's interest in an all aluminum radiator for the 5.7L Hemi. We were told it was passed on to the R&D Dept but just wanted to reiterate that there's interest. Thanks!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
We had mentioned this to the previous Mishimoto employee, there's interest in an all aluminum radiator for the 5.7L Hemi. We were told it was passed on to the R&D Dept but just wanted to reiterate that there's interest. Thanks!

We'll actually be working on a 5.7L radiator soon! I'll be posting a thread up here once we get started :happy107:

-Steve

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Ready for another update

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ready for another update

We just received notification that these parts have been inventoried at the warehouse. All of the components still have to be combined into the final boxes to be shipped, and to be completely honest, our warehouse is backed up with a lot of pre-sales ending close together; so we're still possibly looking at a week or two before these begin shipping to you all. It could be sooner, but I want you to be aware of the worst case scenario.

We appreciate your patience as we get everything sorted out and apologize for the delays. I assure you that I will update you as soon as I know when these will actually start shipping to you.

Thanks,

-Steve

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Just got an email stating mine has been shipped

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking forward to your write up after the install.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the straight barbs that come off the can 3/8”npt?
What size is the hose?

Last edited:

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Gonna be awhile before I get it installed, it's likely someone else will beat me to it. I leave for hunting season after work Thursday, won't be back until Nov 20th.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Just got an email stating mine has been shipped

Yup, our warehouse was able to get started shipping these, so we should have all of them out this week or next week.

Thanks for your patience everybody!

-Steve

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gonna be awhile before I get it installed, it's likely someone else will beat me to it. I leave for hunting season after work Thursday, won't be back until Nov 20th.

Mine is on its way as well. I hope to install it this weekend if it arrives before then. I will say this... with the presale price, the price point was comparable to other well known CC's, so I was more apt to try the new product line. I've never had one, so my opinion is going to be really one sided. But looking now at the price selling on the site for $245 plus tax, I'm afraid it is priced outside the market. I could be wrong. But reading favorable reviews for the Billet Technologies CC, or the one from Moe's for same purpose and around $100 less, I know I would have bought another brand just to save money. This isn't a knock on the product itself. I'm expecting the build quality to be top notch.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered one yesterday at the pre-sale price but hasn’t shipped yet.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know that the pre-sale has ended and that this catch can is now back up to the full MSRP. All of your orders should be shipped out soon! Please let me know if you have any questions!

@breal201999 I hope we live up to your expectations. I know when we do MSRP pricing, we look at other products that fill the same market space and try to weigh our features with cost. Sometimes our products come in at a price point higher than our competition, but we think that our features, R&D, and ease-of-use add up to something that's worth the extra money.

Thanks again everybody,

-Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963