Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Its been a while. Back a few years ago I was in the second gen forums when i had my 99 dodge ram. Short story- I modded it, blew it up, swapped the motor and sold it. I kinda miss it because I still see it driving around today and think "dang, I did a good job on that thing".

Now, Im thinking about pulling the trigger on an 05 quad cab with 150k. Yet again Id like to mod it, but I cant seem to find any threads with peoples mods. Can someone put a link down, or send me to the right forum?

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Depends on what kind of mods you are wanting to do. First and most obvious answer is to search, specifically for what you want to do at the time. But I know that doesn't help much and hate that answer most of the time. I've had my truck for a while now and have been on most of the forums. Just recently found hemitruckclub.com tho and it seems to be more geared towards modding than all of the other forums. It isn't as year specific, so you need to do some reading before going nuts but there is lots of really good stuff there and many members that are also here and on other forums.

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on what kind of mods you are wanting to do. First and most obvious answer is to search, specifically for what you want to do at the time. But I know that doesn't help much and hate that answer most of the time. I've had my truck for a while now and have been on most of the forums. Just recently found hemitruckclub.com tho and it seems to be more geared towards modding than all of the other forums. It isn't as year specific, so you need to do some reading before going nuts but there is lots of really good stuff there and many members that are also here and on other forums.

That's a good tip, thanks. I was kinda leaning towards the DIY type deals. Like on the 2nd gens you could do the plenum mod. Those are the types of things I'm looking for.

I know the easy answers- lift, tires/rims, exhaust including headers, new plugs and coils. Maybe a throttle body spacer and cold air intake. Though I'm pretty skeptical about those.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd do the exhaust, CAI and a programmer for good performance on a third gen truck. Best bang for the buck mods you can do.

Later, I'd get in touch with Hemifever for a custom tune.

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd do the exhaust, CAI and a programmer for good performance on a third gen truck. Best bang for the buck mods you can do.

Later, I'd get in touch with Hemifever for a custom tune.

Can you tell me more about this hemifever tune? Im new to hemi and tuning, since my old 99 only had the magnum

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hemifever is a tuning guy you'll hear come up a lot. You'll also see Greene racing, don't ask what guy is better unless you want fights on your posts haha. Both guys can be found on Facebook but hemifever also has a website. Charges about $160 for a basic tune. You'll obviously need a tuner to use, diablosports are fairly common, I'm using the trinity t1000, but there is also the diablo Intune for alittle cheaper. You can pick up a packaged tuner and hemifever custom tune at Moes performance on here for a better deal.
You have a great year for tuning ability, 05 has one of the best computers. You should have full transmission tuning available which is a big plus. I just swapped my 03 computer to an 05 for that reason.
I wouldn't get a throttle body spacer, majority of opinions on here is that they are paperweights on these trucks. Do some quick research, everyone has their opinions on cold air intakes, S&B and vararam are mostly the favorites around here, I have an S&B.
Definitely check out Hemi truck club, I got a lot of performance based help over there

OP
OP
C

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hemifever is a tuning guy you'll hear come up a lot. You'll also see Greene racing, don't ask what guy is better unless you want fights on your posts haha. Both guys can be found on Facebook but hemifever also has a website. Charges about $160 for a basic tune. You'll obviously need a tuner to use, diablosports are fairly common, I'm using the trinity t1000, but there is also the diablo Intune for alittle cheaper. You can pick up a packaged tuner and hemifever custom tune at Moes performance on here for a better deal.
You have a great year for tuning ability, 05 has one of the best computers. You should have full transmission tuning available which is a big plus. I just swapped my 03 computer to an 05 for that reason.
I wouldn't get a throttle body spacer, majority of opinions on here is that they are paperweights on these trucks. Do some quick research, everyone has their opinions on cold air intakes, S&B and vararam are mostly the favorites around here, I have an S&B.
Definitely check out Hemi truck club, I got a lot of performance based help over there

Sweet. Thanks, I'll look into it