Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are some suspension mods to do for sway bars. I'm not big in to lifting this truck. I want to keep stock ride height but slowly build my truck to make it faster and handle better. So if anyone can help me out by first telling me what sway bars are good. Then brakes. Exhaust, tunes, etc. IMG_3092.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hellwig front & rear sway bars will help w/ handling.

As far as tune I recomend the Diablo I2(also a pcm if your have a 2015 or newer) w/ a Jay Greene custom tune. The tune from Jay is what really woke my truck up the most.

As far as exhaust there are a bunch of different kits to choose from. Depending on if you want to go w/ headers or not is what I would base your muffler choose on. Stock manifolds I would choose Carven or a smaller Magnaflow. W/ headers I would go w/ a larger Magnaflow. If you want headers the JBA 1 3/4 long tubes are the most common & best bang for the buck.

As far as intakes everyone chooses b/w S&B & Vararam. I have the S&B & like it. I dont like the Vararam. They have fit like crap for yrs on the 3rd & 4th gens. An intake that you have to shut the hood on to get to fit right is not something I want to spend money on.

The Pedal Commander seems to be the latest fad right now. It is a throttle booster that bumps up the voltage from the pedal. A tuner has a throttle booster but not as extreme apparently. I personally just push the pedal down & dont need the extra umph in a rc but can see how it will help on a 4 door 4wd that is heavier.

W/ a tuner you can pull the clutch fan off, run the factory a/c electric fan & install a 180* t-stat and regain a little more power that would otherwise be lost through the clutch fan.

Last edited:

Rockit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did the Hellwig rear sway bar and it helped it a lot. Turn in became more precise along with steering response.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein 4600's front & rear combined with Hellwig sway bars improved my 1500's handling tremendously!

OP
OP
RamHemi2500

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hellwig front & rear sway bars will help w/ handling.

As far as tune I recomend the Diablo I2(also a pcm if your have a 2015 or newer) w/ a Jay Greene custom tune. The tune from Jay is what really woke my truck up the most.

As far as exhaust there are a bunch of different kits to choose from. Depending on if you want to go w/ headers or not is what I would base your muffler choose on. Stock manifolds I would choose Carven or a smaller Magnaflow. W/ headers I would go w/ a larger Magnaflow. If you want headers the JBA 1 3/4 long tubes are the most common & best bang for the buck.

As far as intakes everyone chooses b/w S&B & Vararam. I have the S&B & like it. I dont like the Vararam. They have fit like crap for yrs on the 3rd & 4th gens. An intake that you have to shut the hood on to get to fit right is not something I want to spend money on.

The Pedal Commander seems to be the latest fad right now. It is a throttle booster that bumps up the voltage from the pedal. A tuner has a throttle booster but not as extreme apparently. I personally just push the pedal down & dont need the extra umph in a rc but can see how it will help on a 4 door 4wd that is heavier.

W/ a tuner you can pull the clutch fan off, run the factory a/c electric fan & install a 180* t-stat and regain a little more power that would otherwise be lost through the clutch fan.

Damn. Thanks for the info. Where's the best place to buy hellwig. I see amazon sells them. I do have a 2015 Ram 1500 express so where would I get a pcm. I'm almost done with my warranty so I'm looking into modding. Also there's exhaust called boesch built they have a nice low rumble but not too many reviews.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn. Thanks for the info. Where's the best place to buy hellwig. I see amazon sells them. I do have a 2015 Ram 1500 express so where would I get a pcm. I'm almost done with my warranty so I'm looking into modding. Also there's exhaust called boesch built they have a nice low rumble but not too many reviews.

Amazon is the best place for the Hellwig bars. Thats where I bought mine. They made a big difference.

You can buy the pcm through Diablo or Moes. Diablo has a pcm swap set up now so that you recieve the new pcm before you have to send yours off. It is $499 for the pcm swap/I2 programmer. I wish they would have had that set up when I bought mine. The canned tunes make somewhat of a difference but the custom tune really wakes the truck up. I recommend Jay Greene for a tune but there is also Sean(Hemifever). I have had both & am much more pleased w/ Jay's tuning capabilities & customer service. I recommend researching both guys & see who suites you the best.

The Boesch mufflers are good. They are just a Magnaflow set up welded up into a direct fit kit like the Mufflex kits are.

OP
OP
RamHemi2500

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon is the best place for the Hellwig bars. Thats where I bought mine. They made a big difference.

You can buy the pcm through Diablo or Moes. Diablo has a pcm swap set up now so that you recieve the new pcm before you have to send yours off. It is $499 for the pcm swap/I2 programmer. I wish they would have had that set up when I bought mine. The canned tunes make somewhat of a difference but the custom tune really wakes the truck up. I recommend Jay Greene for a tune but there is also Sean(Hemifever). I have had both & am much more pleased w/ Jay's tuning capabilities & customer service. I recommend researching both guys & see who suites you the best.

The Boesch mufflers are good. They are just a Magnaflow set up welded up into a direct fit kit like the Mufflex kits are.

Truck has 20011 miles on it now. Should I start thinking about redoing the plugs and wires? Also any trans mods I have to do or can it handle it