Moe's 5 inch tips and some new pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Still have drone even with the resonators? And how much more drone than stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have MDS disabled by custom tune so that helps. I do still have the resonators and drone is significant. If you go with this setup it may be worth asking the exhaust shop to locate the muffler further back so it isn't under the cab as much.

It's not bothersome to me at all and I like the sound but this is entirely dependent on personal tastes...

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have MDS disabled by custom tune so that helps. I do still have the resonators and drone is significant. If you go with this setup it may be worth asking the exhaust shop to locate the muffler further back so it isn't under the cab as much.

It's not bothersome to me at all and I like the sound but this is entirely dependent on personal tastes...

Okay awesome thank you for the info!

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yessir looks great! I love the 5" tips. Of course I did mine back in 2014 when the truck was still new. And no one had those tips yet in bolt on form.

I have a Y-pipe, Magnaflow 18", resonators removed ending in black 5" tips.

15519165380_04c5379831_k.jpg

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was going to post a video of my sound clip but can not figure it out.

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
so, i've seen some other tips that can be used on our trucks, but the ends dont look like the moe's tips. Moes looks flared, any reason why the non-flared ones would be an issue?

See pics below.....

The single poslished tip has no flare and the pair ( i grabbed the pic from some thread on here ) has flared ends.....

advantages or disadvantages to either?

Attachments

• exhaust tip.jpg
    exhaust tip.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 93

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
so, i've seen some other tips that can be used on our trucks, but the ends dont look like the moe's tips. Moes looks flared, any reason why the non-flared ones would be an issue?

See pics below.....

The single poslished tip has no flare and the pair ( i grabbed the pic from some thread on here ) has flared ends.....

advantages or disadvantages to either?
Advantage with Moe's is they are direct bolt on using the OEM clamps.

Other universal tips aren't flared to mate properly so you'll have to find a clamp that will work or most likely take to an exhaust shop to get welded in place.

At that point the price for either option equalizes, or at least gets pretty close. I'm very happy with Moe's.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
does anyone have the carven black tips installed? im pretty sure they're 5" too. some pictures would be great. im hoping to do the progressive with the tips this summer

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does anyone have the carven black tips installed? im pretty sure they're 5" too. some pictures would be great. im hoping to do the progressive with the tips this summer

Look them up on YouTube or google them. You'll get tons of search results

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 15 R/T did not leave the dealership until the Magnaflow 14 cat back was installed and yes 5"' tips came with the system thankfully. I don't care what anyone else thinks when it comes to the Magnaflow 14's as far as sound but personally I absolutely love the sound. There are other systems that sound good don't get me wrong but for some unknown reason the 14's just rock my world.

Reactions: Kab