Moe's 5" tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
WOW...A lot to read up on here. OP, we did receive a bad batch of stainless tips late December, and have had numerous sets come back in due to the bad rust that you are experiencing. We have already refunded/replaced 9 sets that did the same thing, and we will do the same for you as well. We dont make these tips in house...they are produced by a big name tip manufacturer and we simply have the adapters welded on to them to make them a bolt on setup. We cannot control a manufacturing defect, but we can control how we handle the situation after the fact. Just give me a call or shoot me an email with your order info, and we will replace these for you.

Moe's has never, and will never, deliberately screw over a customer, so this issue is already being resolved. We actually pulled the tips off the site about a week ago until we get a new batch in that does not have this problem.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
WOW...A lot to read up on here. OP, we did receive a bad batch of stainless tips late December, and have had numerous sets come back in due to the bad rust that you are experiencing. We have already refunded/replaced 9 sets that did the same thing, and we will do the same for you as well. We dont make these tips in house...they are produced by a big name tip manufacturer and we simply have the adapters welded on to them to make them a bolt on setup. We cannot control a manufacturing defect, but we can control how we handle the situation after the fact. Just give me a call or shoot me an email with your order info, and we will replace these for you.

Moe's has never, and will never, deliberately screw over a customer, so this issue is already being resolved. We actually pulled the tips off the site about a week ago until we get a new batch in that does not have this problem.

And mine???

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
And mine???
The gold tint is due to high heat and can usually be buffed/polished out. I've seen this happen with Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Borla, our own tips, and just about every other brand of polished tip.

There are a couple ways to prevent the gold color with a polished tip, so we are working on redesigning the tip to prevent it from happening to ours in the future. I will post more about it as soon as we release those. Your truck is building enough heat out the back to cause them to discolor, so if we send you another set as they sit now, it is going to do the same thing.

If you would like to wait for the redesign, then we will replace it. If not, I dont mind taking them back and refunding you for the tips. Just let me know.

gilleydog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 ram larami
Engine
And this is based on your experiences??????????? or just what??????
Jay
yes i have polished carven tips no problems fit great come with clamps no - comments on site (straight cut look bigger than rolled) no yellowing

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It makes sense not to replace these with a set that would do the same thing. I will be in touch. Thank you very much!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yes i have polished carven tips no problems fit great come with clamps no - comments on site (straight cut look bigger than rolled) no yellowing

And from that you make a statement that "moe's suck" I fail to see the correlation. Have you ever done business with Moe's?
Jay

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Two totally different climates too, OP is in WI, gilly, your in AZ.

I have nothing but good to say about [email protected] all I get is from him or Retroshop. Never had an issue, and if I do, I like how Matt is willing to be here online to help like above post.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

There ya go! F**k the haters!!!

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Moe’s tips are holding up well and they are washed bi weekly. *knocks on wood*

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
And from that you make a statement that "moe's suck" I fail to see the correlation. Have you ever done business with Moe's?
Jay
Apparently, it's easier to bash a known vendor on the forum than it is to pick up the phone.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM LongHorn 4x4
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Why can't we all get along? We are on this forum because we have a similar interest in a Ram truck. Some of us had a problem with a vendors product and thankfully they are going to take care of it. "Kudos to Matt & Moes!" Problem is going to be taken care of, plus, the end result will be a new and improved product that will be better than before. Call it whatever you like, but I see it as progress. We will get a better, more durable piece, and Moes will get more business for making a better product and having exemplary customer service!
Thanks to Jay also! You make a great referee...

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Apparently, it's easier to bash a known vendor on the forum than it is to pick up the phone.

Agreed. Guys, if you want a prompt response, don't email or post on a forum...pick up the phone!

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When will we know when the new “redesigned” tips will be for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock