Mopar Bright Pedal Kit 82212138 for Adjustable Pedals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks really good! I think I'll go this route. Can you provide any more details.... bolt size, length, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks man!

The bolt and lock nut were just stuff I found in my odds and ends bin. Really anything that somewhat fills the pedal hole (height) should be fine, and strong enough. Probably go shorter so it doesn't stick out past the pedal arm/bracket. Not sure if a long one would ever hit the carpet, but why chance it? I also liked the rounded head. Thought a hex head might dig into the back of the cover. I didn't think to measure the hole offset in the plexiglass, but it's right over the nub norton333 used. I just put the plate in the cover and tapped a hole over that nub. Then took it back out and tried to square it with the Dremel. You can skip that part if your bolt doesn't have a square shoulder.

PB_Ped_18.jpg

PB_Ped_19.jpg

PB_Ped_20.jpg

To make the plate I just traced around the cover, cut it a tad smaller, then used the Dremel to round the corners and take it down to final dimensions. More eyeballed than measured, though I have rough dimensions on the plate.

PB_Ped_21.jpg

The plexiglass is .08" thick. Doubt I'd go any thinner, but you could get away with slightly thicker. But it fits really tight in the cover lips as is. I pushed the pedal all the way down, hard and fast numerous times, and it seems to be solid. If it does twist any, I'll probably put a small strip of 2-sided tape between the plate and pedal face. I still recommend metal over plexiglass, but it seems to hold up. We'll see as time goes by, but I never use the PB, so it'll probably never move. It was more to match the other pedals.

That's pretty much it. I'm happy to answer any other questions though.

wink

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man!

The bolt and lock nut were just stuff I found in my odds and ends bin. Really anything that somewhat fills the pedal hole (height) should be fine, and strong enough. Probably go shorter so it doesn't stick out past the pedal arm/bracket. Not sure if a long one would ever hit the carpet, but why chance it? I also liked the rounded head. Thought a hex head might dig into the back of the cover. I didn't think to measure the hole offset in the plexiglass, but it's right over the nub norton333 used. I just put the plate in the cover and tapped a hole over that nub. Then took it back out and tried to square it with the Dremel. You can skip that part if your bolt doesn't have a square shoulder.

PB_Ped_18.jpg

PB_Ped_19.jpg

PB_Ped_20.jpg

To make the plate I just traced around the cover, cut it a tad smaller, then used the Dremel to round the corners and take it down to final dimensions. More eyeballed than measured, though I have rough dimensions on the plate.

PB_Ped_21.jpg

The plexiglass is .08" thick. Doubt I'd go any thinner, but you could get away with slightly thicker. But it fits really tight in

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the details! That's exactly what I was looking for. And, I see your sketch shows millimeters....just in case anyone isn't sure, 25.4 mm = 1 inch.

I'm going to order the new pedal cover today!

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the details! That's exactly what I was looking for. And, I see your sketch shows millimeters....just in case anyone isn't sure, 25.4 mm = 1 inch.

I'm going to order the new pedal cover today!

Glad to help! Can't recall if I did any more tweaking after I wrote those dimensions, but you could print it out, assuming no scaling on the printout. And cut out the plate. Should be close enough to start. Good luck with it!

wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update on my parking brake setup. Since I never use it, I've made a point of engaging it, then releasing it, every time I stop somewhere. Just to simulate it being used, and to see how it holds up. Seems the plexiglass plate is more than strong enough. Still feels just as solid. So I'm not going to make a metal one. Just a FYI for those contemplating it...

wink

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Didn't think I needed to do the e-brake pedal, but now that I've done gas and brake I need to complete the set. Brake pedal went on easy for me. Threw it in a jar of hot water and dish soap and left it in there for an hour before I tried it.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't think I needed to do the e-brake pedal, but now that I've done gas and brake I need to complete the set. Brake pedal went on easy for me. Threw it in a jar of hot water and dish soap and left it in there for an hour before I tried it.

That was my reasoning too. I used hot water too, but no soap. It was pretty easy compared to the Jeep.

wink

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they sent me the challenger brake pedal instead of the clutch. It looks the exact same on the front, but just has the slip over rubber on the back. That won't work for the ebrake will it? No bolt or nut. Just the same rubber backing like on the ram brake replacement pedal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So they sent me the challenger brake pedal instead of the clutch. It looks the exact same on the front, but just has the slip over rubber on the back. That won't work for the ebrake will it? No bolt or nut. Just the same rubber backing like on the ram brake replacement pedal.

None of them come with a bolt and nut. You have to supply those. If the brake cover is the same size as the clutch, it should work fine. Look on the previous page of this thread. I posted pics of everything.

wink

Bigtymes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I suck at navigating this app. Any chance you have something I can click? Sorry. I saw the whole cut the nub off and replace it thing. I guess that is what I'm supposed to do then. It's been a while since I read this link and clicked everything so I guess I just forgot.
None of them come with a bolt and nut. You have to supply those. If the brake cover is the same size as the clutch, it should work fine. Look on the previous page of this thread. I posted pics of everything.

wink

OP
OP
Deepc6

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Since I finally have some free time, I decided to go through the new parts to be installed boxes and install the E-Brake pedal cover, took all of 5 minutes.

740cad23bdffa0688f59d4c66fcb73c8.jpg

Rods Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7 L V8 Hemi
Installed my e-brake pedal cover tonight and looks awesome. Thanks to norton333 and wink for the steps! It turned out exactly how I wanted it! Thanks again guys!

lw13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
I just bought/installed those from eBay. They look and fit great

Slickity79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought/installed those from eBay. They look and fit great
They do fit very good, they were alot easier to put on than the Mopar. I just put a set on today, look great and took 10 min. I had the Mopar set in my last truck, the brake pedal was a PITA to get on. 20191023_142559.jpg

Last edited:

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any idea how this kit would match the OEM mopar kit? I already have the mopar kit installed and only need the E-brake cover. The link above is sold out and eBay has them from China... (i'm in no rush for an $16 part)… Just wondering if I buy the 3 pieces and only use the emergency brake cover, if it will be a close match to the brake and gas pedal I already have.

Slickity79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe you'll be happy with it, the difference in the Mopar is minimal at best IMHO.