Morimoto HID question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
Question on the upgrade. I just finished converting my Quads into TYC projectors with the morimoto HID kit from retroshop. WOW. Awesome lighting. However, I have had a few instances where one side won't fire up. I come back an hour later, then it will fire up again. I have been driving for a couple weeks without an issue, then the headlight will go dark. The side marker and turnsignal work fine, but not the headlamp. Come back the next morning, everything works. Any ideas???

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I suspect the resistor pack is not grounded securely, not plugged in tightly or is failing. If it goes dark again, feel the resistors. If it's cold, it's fried or not connected.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Doubt its resistors.....if he's running canbus adapters, the resistors would only be for the parking / turns.

mdxers11 - if you haven't already, email me - we'll go over a few things to check and go from there! [email protected] - TY

OP
OP
M

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
Doubt its resistors.....if he's running canbus adapters, the resistors would only be for the parking / turns.

mdxers11 - if you haven't already, email me - we'll go over a few things to check and go from there! [email protected] - TY

It was a bad connection I think from the Ballast to the Canbus adapter. I just unbolted the light and let the bulb hang a bit and turned on the lights. I got a 2 second fire up like a photo flash.

I disconnected and regreased all ballast and ignitor connections and it works great now.