Most Popular Interior Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L Magnum V6
Just out of my curiosity, I'm looking to do some work to my truck, and I was wanting to see pictures of some of the popular interior mods to do on these trucks. I was already looking at swapping in a 3rd Gen console, I heard they fit really good, or custom building one. Has anyone built a custom gauge panel with aftermarket gauges in one of these trucks?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Interior lighting is the easiest and cheapest change to make that will make the interior feel fresh. You can get LED lights to put in the dome, reading, and console/cupholder lights to make the interior brighter and colored to your liking.
For example, I got a bright white LED for my dome light, now my whole interior is brightly lit up when the dome is on, its easily twice as bright as the old incandescent bulb. The passenger reading light is also a bright white LED so passengers can read or look for things at night without bothering my vision. Whereas the drivers reading light is a red LED light, I put that back in when I was working security, so I could still read and write reports, but not ruin my ability to see in the dark.

My tail/ turn and reverse lights are LED and it makes them much brighter, but more importantly, they haven't burnt out yet. Until I install high power bed lighting, the LED bedlights make it easy to find things in my toolbox at night. In total I spent about $130 on all my lighting (not including headlights) and it feels like a newer truck that can compete with these new ones in terms of visibility in the day.

OP
OP
MCIntoDarkness
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L Magnum V6
Interior lighting is the easiest and cheapest change to make that will make the interior feel fresh. You can get LED lights to put in the dome, reading, and console/cupholder lights to make the interior brighter and colored to your liking.
For example, I got a bright white LED for my dome light, now my whole interior is brightly lit up when the dome is on, its easily twice as bright as the old incandescent bulb. The passenger reading light is also a bright white LED so passengers can read or look for things at night without bothering my vision. Whereas the drivers reading light is a red LED light, I put that back in when I was working security, so I could still read and write reports, but not ruin my ability to see in the dark.

My tail/ turn and reverse lights are LED and it makes them much brighter, but more importantly, they haven't burnt out yet. Until I install high power bed lighting, the LED bedlights make it easy to find things in my toolbox at night. In total I spent about $130 on all my lighting (not including headlights) and it feels like a newer truck that can compete with these new ones in terms of visibility in the day.

I was already planning a LED conversion sometime along the road. When I go to get the truck fixed up in the winter, I'm gonna put in a new dash, replace my heater core, and swap to LED lights all at the same time. Knock it out in one go. I want to switch to a black interior from the grey, but I'm trying to debate whether I want to paint the grey pieces, or find some out of a junkyard. I'd love leather seats but it looks like either the aftermarket or Coverking will have to work. Anyone ever put Recaro's in their truck? :roflsquared: