My 2018 Ram Night Edition journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TooTrill_Night
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I bought some smoked tail light covers from a user on here, trying them out for now. I like the appearance for the decent price.IMG_9682.JPG IMG_9677.JPG

I also replaced the 3rd brake light with an decently cheap LED one from Amazon.IMG_9678.JPG IMG_9679.JPG

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
OP
OP
TooTrill_Night
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
MAKE SURE YOU PUT SILICONE around the seal, because IT WILL LEAK, ask me how i know, the aftermarket ones especially will leak

I got one that had its own rubber housing seal wrapped around foam. I haven’t seen an issue YET, its been raining here for the past couple days. Is silicone good for the paint is my worry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I got one that had its own rubber housing seal wrapped around foam. I haven’t seen an issue YET, its been raining here for the past couple days. Is silicone good for the paint is my worry?

ive done it for years and never an issue, if your paint is in good shape it wont damage anything, and it peels right off if you ever need to remove it.

but ill add this, i bought one with the same setup for my 2013 i have now, it took it a few months before it started leaking, but one day after a good hard storm i came out to a truck with fogged up windows, and a soaked headliner and rear wall/ floor area

OP
OP
TooTrill_Night
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
ive done it for years and never an issue, if your paint is in good shape it wont damage anything, and it peels right off if you ever need to remove it.

but ill add this, i bought one with the same setup for my 2013 i have now, it took it a few months before it started leaking, but one day after a good hard storm i came out to a truck with fogged up windows, and a soaked headliner and rear wall/ floor area
OOHHH! I see, I will definitely handle that soon. Thank you

PUNiSHER.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is it just me or does it look like that 3rd tail light doesn't sit where it's meant to sit =/ kind of looks elevated.

OP
OP
TooTrill_Night
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is it just me or does it look like that 3rd tail light doesn't sit where it's meant to sit =/ kind of looks elevated.
Yes. It is raised a tad more than the oem one. The original is raised a bit but this is too much for my liking. For that reason, I just ordered a different LED one the other day.

jdavila99999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Link?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune

Rondog Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They all still function

That is sweet looking truck, not you got me wanting to run an offset stripe down my bright white 2016 Hemi.
I have been looking into black wheels and LED tail lights as well.

I have to say, you truck might be my new motivation.