My beautiful wife...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
That’s why Mega Cab is the evident winner here :banana-mario:

If I'm not mistaken, the mega cab leg room (front/rear) remains the same. What you gain is the ability to semi recline the back seat and extra storage behind the same seat.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
If I'm not mistaken, the mega cab leg room (front/rear) remains the same. What you gain is the ability to semi recline the back seat and extra storage behind the same seat.
I believe your right

Edit:
I take that back. Just looked it up, while you gain 12.1” of extra storage behind the seat, you also gain 3.3” of leg room

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Based on your links, and bringing in more:

Front/Rear leg room:

Subaru: 44.1/33.9
2018 Ram: 41/40.3
2019 Ram: 40.9/45.2

You get some more room up front, which is pointless as a driver. Helps in passenger seat. Rear leg room in the DT is almost a foot more than Subaru.... also seats recline lol

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Based on your links, and bringing in more:

Front/Rear leg room:

Subaru: 44.1/33.9
2018 Ram: 41/40.3
2019 Ram: 40.9/45.2

You get some more room up front, which is pointless as a driver. Helps in passenger seat. Rear leg room in the DT is almost a foot more than Subaru.... also seats recline lol

Figured it wouldn’t be pointless if the driver is 6’4” tall 240lbs, but the OP’s main concern seems to be regarding passengers sitting in the back. So yeah, you get crazy more room in the Ram back seat as apposed to the Subaru.

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Figured it wouldn’t be pointless if the driver is 6’4” tall 240lbs, but the OP’s main concern seems to be regarding passengers sitting in the back. So yeah, you get crazy more room in the Ram back seat as apposed to the Subaru.
I’m 6’4 310lbs. I still wish my seat went back another inch or so.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m 6’4 310lbs. I still wish my seat went back another inch or so.

I'm 6'2" and when I bought my truck I was 300 lbs (225 now), for me, it's more of a I need a telescopic steering wheel. I have plenty of leg room front or rear, I just have to keep my arms to far forward to be comfortable. Oh, and a dead pedal.

I still have no idea how the OP feels there is more room in these cars, it is more than just leg room, these cars are narrow.

Perhaps it is with carrying gear in the cab, and getting a cap so items can be moved into the bed would help?

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Cab's and cab size isn't what caught my attention. That ole ronheater70 has 6 kids! I have 1 and my nerves are shot... I'm on the closer side to 50 years old and some days I don't think I will make it to his graduation. I read that and got a nervous twitch HAHA!

Your the man ronheater70.... you the man! Must have nerves of steel

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I’ve been waiting for him to reply and clear up what he’s talking about
Id like to see his POV, because coming from a Charger which is a full size Sedan, to my Laramie, its leagues better in terms of space.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m sorry guys about the delayed response. Let me clear this up the 2018 Limited was a crewcab. I have not been in a truck since my accident and my body isn’t very flexible right now. So my old Ram was just cloth seats, that Limited with leather is thicker then what was in my 2011 BigHorn. So with the seat pushed to a position where I’m not cringing in pain, I got out and went and sat behind the drivers seat. My knees were up against the back seat.

Now to be honest the tallest one in my family who would ride with me is only 5’4”. So what I am going to do is take my entire crew ( wife, and 2 daughters ) with me to try out another 2018 Limited. If we are all good, then I am a happy camper.

Now as far as the Subaru, the inside has been modified as we have made new lower tracks for it. This was done years ago to enhance my SQ system in it. So that allowed me to sit lower in that car, plus the seats have been stripped and new padding was added for long distance comforts. I will keep you nice folks informed as what I find as far as what comes out of this deal.

Father Of Four

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I’m sorry guys about the delayed response. Let me clear this up the 2018 Limited was a crewcab. I have not been in a truck since my accident and my body isn’t very flexible right now. So my old Ram was just cloth seats, that Limited with leather is thicker then what was in my 2011 BigHorn. So with the seat pushed to a position where I’m not cringing in pain, I got out and went and sat behind the drivers seat. My knees were up against the back seat.

Now to be honest the tallest one in my family who would ride with me is only 5’4”. So what I am going to do is take my entire crew ( wife, and 2 daughters ) with me to try out another 2018 Limited. If we are all good, then I am a happy camper.

Now as far as the Subaru, the inside has been modified as we have made new lower tracks for it. This was done years ago to enhance my SQ system in it. So that allowed me to sit lower in that car, plus the seats have been stripped and new padding was added for long distance comforts. I will keep you nice folks informed as what I find as far as what comes out of this deal.

Father Of Four
Thanks man, that clears it up for me atleast! Hey at the end of the day, your truck, your comfort, whatever blows the wind in your sails eh?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Father Of Four

All types of curve balls you are throwing us lol