My fukken luck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
No Justin, that is not bad luck, that is simply called not paying attention. You just went through this and didn't learn a thing. The spring kit shouldn't require the 4.5" BS, but for appearance sake would look better. If you go to a large tire then you will have some interferance on the inside. Hate to say it but I see wheel spacers in your future. Buy high quality off road spacers and/or talk to Bear, I believe he is doing spacers also.

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so my options are, leave it like it is, lift it... then buy spacers when i put MT's... or... drop it

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
If you go with spacers get actual spacers...pay close attention to the description so you dont order the spacer/adapters....

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
so my options are, leave it like it is, lift it... then buy spacers when i put MT's... or... drop it

Well, you could just ship the wheels to me. I really like them, maybe have them black chromed. :naughty:

Just drop it and it would look great.

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
roads here dont like dropped trucks.. if the roads were better, then it would be great.. no hills at all. but so many potholes, bumps, and they are constantly working on the roads because of the 18 wheelers going down to fourchon and grand isle

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you go with spacers get actual spacers...pay close attention to the description so you dont order the spacer/adapters....

thanks for the headsup
getting spacers too, after lift is in
deciding what color shock boots i want.. dont really want black.. and deciding what color im going to spray the springs when it comes in.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Your talking about your wheels? The 03's are 4½" back space so what is the problem? Your new wheels different? What is the offset on your wheels?

My stock rims were 17x8 with a 4½" backspace and something like a +24 offset. The AR wheels I bought were a 0 offset which brought the wheels away from the truck.

The ones I am running now are 17x9 with a 4.75 backspace and -6 offset. I have about a ¼" clearance but no rubbing or binding at all.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do the front tires stick out more than the rears on newer trucks. haven't paid attention to mine, or it's not as noticeable as other trucks

OP
OP
kajunboy89

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive got spacers and no problems

have to retighten usually?

and i was always told that the 20s have 5 inches of backspacing.
not really sure, i should research more lol
anyway though, lift is ordered. hopefully get to put it on this weekend.
roll tide

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
im with greg i would drop it. i take my truck on some of the worst excuses called roads, dirt, gravel on my way to the rig. but i go slow, i would in a stock or lifted truck as well. unless i had air ride but thats another story

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Justin wants his truck lifted, so brother pick your parts and get it done. There are plenty of lifted trucks running the wheels you have. I'm just messing with you about dropping it. It'll look great jacked up with the new rims. But when you get to whining about power I'll remind you of my original post. But note this game can become expensive if you don't pay attention to what parts you are buying. Good luck...

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i know he wants to lift it but you know how i feel about dropped rams