My new Ram 1500 Bighorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hip skip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all. I'm new here and I've been trolling the board for a month or so and made a few comments and asked a few questions. Here is a pic of my 2013 Bighorn. Love my new truck. Sure is different from the s-10's I've owned. I was wondering if there was a basic "must have" newby modders guide out there for those of us just starting out. I found the one on audio basics but was wondering if there was a list of the basics that I may want to get first such a a catch can, which many seem to agree is a must. Just searching through the posts and vendors brings up many options. Any thoughts on the basic "musts"? Body, electrical, mechanical etc. any thoughts are welcome.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361939253.782833.jpg

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Welcome!!! Congrats on the new rig. It looks awesome!!

The first mod I would suggest is a catch can. It's a MUST that will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Moe's Performance has them. He is a vendor on the forum. Check em out!

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hbs 2" level
Cold Air intake (S&B or vararams are recommended the most)
Ported Throttle body (87mm)
A lot of people like the magnaflow cats
And probably a resonator delete

Just a few basic mods off the top of my head without doing anything too drastic

Edit: Very nice truck btw and welcome! Always nice to have more members

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome! Sharp lookin truck.
For the $, I'd throw an E-Z Down on the tailgate, and then do something about thr crap headlight output- talk to JJ about some HIDs with projectors so you can see at night.

OP
OP
Hip skip

Hip skip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all of the responses. I guess I can start saving and researching. I will definitely check out the above mentioned suggestions. I think when I get it together, I may start a list of sources from the board, prices and any suggestions or DIY instructions from board members. I think it may be helpful for us newbies.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what does the catch cam do? Is it easy to install, and how does it save trouble down the road?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It catches oil mist/crap that would otherwise go back into your intake keeping that portion of your engine a lot cleaner.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Nice rig, welcome to the site!