My truck got hit AGAIN!!!!! Update!!! :Angry:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:Angry:

Well here is an update( please understand I'm Venting)

Monday 3/26 called insurance and reported it to them. took truck to body shop to get estimate. wouldn't find out until 3/28 to how much it is going to be to repair it.
3/27 found out that there are 3 companies involved here. the local agency(J.T Good),then the actual company(Peerless Indemnity)..then there is the underwriters(Liberty Mutual).... now I initially called the actual company and they said they were going to handle the claim...OK.
then later that day i get a call from another person(Liberty Mutual) wanting to get the same info that i just told the first person. they say the need me to call another number to set a time up for them to come look at the truck. now I'm at work...they have to work around me...so they set a time for them to look at it.
3/28 they came and looked at the truck..took pictures.the guy was there maybe 10 minutes..he said he will have the info for me in a day or 2. I call body shop back and set an appointment to take truck in for Monday 4/1. and to get rental.
3/29 Liberty Mutual called me and left message on my cell. saying they need me to send a copy of the title to her. no explanation given. it was too late to call back. so called body shop to see what the issue was...left message on voicemail . about this time I'm getting a little worried and pissed.
3/30 Today at work...get 3 messages on phone one from body shop telling me that there was a problem with them working on the truck...another from Liberty wanting me to call her back with a response to what the body shop said. and one from the rental agency confirming my rental car.
called B/S back and he told me that they couldn't work on my truck because the insurance is denying the claim. I was Like WTF!!! so i called Liberty back to find out WTH is going on. she told me that I needed to Fax a copy of the title to her. "so i asked her what for?" and she said after i pressed her for more info. said that her info was telling her that the truck was declared a total loss from the 2008 accident. Again WTF!!! thats why she needed the title.
well just before 5pm on a Friday i had to call the insurance company(Nationwide) the paid to have the truck repaired in 2008 to find out whats going on..they told me that the info was put into archives and needed to be pulled out and would take 5-7 days.

So from what I've found out someone screwed up back in 08 and classified my truck as a total loss. now I hope Carfax doesn't show it.

now i have to fax all kinds of crap to Liberty to straighten all of this crap up just to get my truck repaired!!!

Does anyone have a carfax account that they might run my truck to see what it says???

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Ahhhh, man I'm so sorry for your misfortune and I hate this with a passion myself. I hope this get work out so is there thought about selling or trading it in?

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhhh, man I'm so sorry for your misfortune and I hate this with a passion myself. I hope this get work out so is there thought about selling or trading it in?

no not right now...cant afford it..

but If i find out that CarFax has it listed that it has a salvage title or somthing to that nature... Im going to make(if possable) pay me for the value of what it was in 2008, the deprecated value, or make them buy it back from me. something...!!!

what do you all think??

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE of the last UPDATE!!!!

Truck is finally going into the body shop. its getting a new rear bumper(the third one the truck has had) rear Valance and both rear skirts. the tailgate and the left bed side is getting repaired. total is about $3500. but Im going to save some $$ and put it in my pocket. I removed the damaged parts,(to save labor costs and bought the replacement parts myself and saved approx $450.00.(got them with Chrysler Employee Discount)

The Insurance company sent me the check to get it fixed...originally i wasn't too happy about that...but after it all i think it will work out for the better...

so in the morning..ill be dropping the truck off and getting a rental. hopefully its a Ram but im not too picky....just as long as it is a Chrysler product...

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I hope someone would hit my truck so I can do this, I want a lift:naughty: just kidding but seriously I do, I know its a major PITA but I think it would be worth it in the end, I see a lot of people come out with lifts, tires, rims and more after a wreck and I beleive it's my turn

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope someone would hit my truck so I can do this, I want a lift:naughty: just kidding but seriously I do, I know its a major PITA but I think it would be worth it in the end, I see a lot of people come out with lifts, tires, rims and more after a wreck and I beleive it's my turn

No kidding lol.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Awesome man keep us posted and maybe when it done you can take some pics.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Good luck man, keep us updated!

It is kinda nice, thats how I got my hood and grill, but at the same time, not having my truck for an entire month and going to the body shop every day and seeing it that way SUCKED!

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

HAHA, My wreck ended with me getting a lift put on :) Though I had to wait 3 months for my truck back...but now its worth it :)

...as long as you don't get hurt in a wreck of course

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
HAHA, My wreck ended with me getting a lift put on :) Though I had to wait 3 months for my truck back...but now its worth it :)

...as long as you don't get hurt in a wreck of course

haha yea your one of those people:flipthebird: lmao jk but yea no injuries, i wuld drive something else around for 3 months if i could get a lift:/

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well here is a kind of update.picked up all parts from dealer on Tuesday morning, Tuesday evening I removed a lot of the damaged parts.took decals off except Hemisport decal, found out i ordered the wrong side for the cladding. I ordered the right instead of the left that i really needed..oh well. ..rental) anyway, Wednesday morning i i dropped the truck off a the body shop. then went to Enterprise to get rental...I asked for anything just as long as it was a Chrysler product....I was hoping to get a Ram or even an avenger/200/charger/300 but I ended up getting a 2012 Chrysler T&C (very nice i might add)

Md law states the rental must be equivalent to what is being repaired. anyway i was told my truck should be done Friday evening. (the only thing they are doing is repairing the bedside and tailgate. painting the bumper and the skirting. I'm going to reinstall the parts back on the truck. ill do that on Saturday. now the parts I had to reorder should be in Friday morning...I'm going to pick them up and take them to the shop so they can be painted with the rest. if not ill get them next week and install them then.
Im doing all of this to save approx $550 in labor and parts cost.

here are a few pics that I took at the B-shop.

4769-4162012-001.jpg

4770-4162012-002.jpg

I think I'm going to leave the badges off of the tailgate. but reapply the "Hemisport" decal and red/silver stripe... What do you think??
I want to retain the "Hemisport" Identity. or people will think its just a regular Hemi Ram truck.

4771-4162012-003.jpg

I might have a couple pis from the shop before the paint...not sure yet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it got all worked out. Did you find out about car-fax though?

I contacted Nationwide to have the old claim pulled out of archives. left message on Wednesday for a return call, got a call from them and was told their is another person i need to talk to that can explain in more detail. so i need to call back tomorrow and talk to this other person. so right now I'm in limbo till i call them. now as far as the car-fax ...haven't pulled one yet. I'm going to see what they tell me then.

If it turns out they screwed up than they need to fix it or i will be looking into the Diminished Value direction.

will update again when I get something..

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
I wanna know what they say too