My truck has an old iPod cable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Hazlewood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my truck used. I noticed I have the older iPod cable coming out from the 6 disk changer. Anyone know if I can swap the cable out with a lightning cable?
2007 Ram SLT BHE 5.7

ibow24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I got my Ram in 07 I replaced the radio with a new "pulled" navi and at the same time added the ipod cable. Unfortunately I just traded it 3 weeks ago and all the books went with the truck. I can't be 100% certain but I "think" the radio end was a typical plug in jack same as you would find on the new lighting cable. You might be able to do a search and find a pic of the install kit. It wasn't the best designed option but in ancient 2007 I guess it was ok. For whatever reason you couldn't set Serius channels. They would get wiped out every time you switched to ipod mode. Also you had to turn "shuffle" on every time you turned the truck on. For whatever reason it went alphabetical every time you turned it off and back on.
Sorry, not much an answer other than I think it will work.
Steve

ibow24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, Looks like I was wrong. I tried finding a pic without much luck but what I did find makes me think it's a modular plug on the radio.
There are plenty of aftermarket units now that will let you swap it out to the newer cable.
Steve