My two favoite things.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trucks and Guns.. Ram and Daniel Defense. Even better together.

dand.jpg

I live about 20 miles from the Daniel Defense headquarters in Black Creek, Georgia. The are off interstate 16, an interstate I travel frequently. They have recently moved buildings.

I snapped this pic, and when I went to snap another from the opposite side, which had a huge ass American flag and Dan D. flag with a headstone dedicated to a veteran, a security guard came out and told me no pictures of the building. I can take pictures of anything else. My father was with me, and my father said, what if we already did, and he said, keep it.

It was rather disappointing, as they make great AR's to have security do that. I couldn't possibly see why. You can see the entire building from the interstate and take the same pictures with a zoom camera that you can from the parking lot.

Silly if you ask me.

P.S. Ignore the ford.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I would have got back onto public property and took pictures till my battery died.

OP
OP
17Veteran76

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would have got back onto public property and took pictures till my battery died.
I emailed DD and asked. Considering their facebook page has a picture of the entire building on it. Would be silly to complain.

Quite possible the security guard was over zealous or mistaken of the rules. Probably won't get feedback until Monday.

It would seem a silly rule considering I can drive to the weight station behind them and take them same picture all I want.

The weigh station maybe 50 yards.
Give or take.

They had a building down the road. I've takencpictures from the roadway before. So it seems silly.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You're probably right. Give a guy a flash light and minimum wage and it goes straight to his head.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're probably right. Give a guy a flash light and minimum wage and it goes straight to his head.

You forgot the badge to go with the flashlight. All of a sudden their "Mr Righteous"

Screenshot_20180317-164422.jpg

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am guessing they are touchy due to terrorism and anti gun extremists seeking to fix the perceived wrongs of gun makers.

Sitting alone in a building that could easily be a target for any number of D-bags I can understand his being cautious with the way the world is today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
17Veteran76

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am guessing they are touchy due to terrorism and anti gun extremists seeking to fix the perceived wrongs of gun makers.

Sitting alone in a building that could easily be a target for any number of D-bags I can understand his being cautious with the way the world is today.
I thought about that. But he said we could take a picture of ANYTHING except the front. Meaning the rear of the building, side, etc. He said he sisnt know why, but thats what he was told. He thinks its silly as well.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice picture

OP
OP
17Veteran76

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice picture
Thanks.

Daniel defense also makes parts for other manufactures. They make every part in house, including pins, springs, etc.

They have forged barrels that they make and supply to big name oems.

Really quality weapon.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Strange, but not surprising. I live by one of the FN factories (I think). They have all kinds of security and you can't get as close to the building as you did in that pic.

Having been in and worked for the military most of my life, they get antsy when someone starts taking pictures of the facilities.