Nasty noise from rear spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mprimo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my bilsteins installed on the front of my truck and absolutely love them! Great ride and gave the truck an awesome look. The issue is I got TGC 1" rear spacer and it was installed with the factory isolator as instructed by a grea tech. The thing makes a ton of noise over bumps. Any idea of whats going on or do I just scrap it and go with the more expensive poly spacer?

bman12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
your rear shocks could be over extending, had this problem in another truck I owned with just that, a 1 inch extra lift, replaced with a longer shock and problem solved , if they are factory shocks I think that extra should not be a problem but if you have a kit installed already and added another 1 inch on top of that, I would check the Extended length of the shock.

OP
OP
M

Mprimo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No extra lift and stock shocks. I think the only solution is to throw out these spacers and buy a more expensive poly set. Or I could maybe just weld the metal to the frame and then it wouldn't move. That's committing to it though.

OP
OP
M

Mprimo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Problem solved. Removed the fender wells to get to the top of the spacer and tack welded it in. No noise at all and if I ever need to remove them I can just gring the tack weld off.