Navrepair.com $400 Nav Activation

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by nationalminer84, Apr 16, 2016.

1. nationalminer84

nationalminer84 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    not an ad for them but a heads up. If you can't stomach the $600 fee from the dealer Navrepair.com offers the uconnect nav upgrade for the 8.4 for $400 and its DIY I was up and running within 30 minutes. I still think thats too much to pay but Im sick of cords and stuff stuck to my window so I justified it. just letting everyone know it worked for me, saved $200 and a trip to the dealer. (BTW, my dealer had no clue what i was talking about when asked)

R.L.K. and 7777xm like this.
  2. Flip-er

Flip-er Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 Big Horn 4x4
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Let us know how it works and all.
    Is this for the factory nav?

3. Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah it is for the dealer activated Nav activation on the RA3.

4. R.L.K.

R.L.K. Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Very nice indeed !
    Unbelievable how different dealerships are , I have several (6-8) within a 45 min drive so I'm fortunate to be able to shop around and it's amazing how very very few are up to speed while so many are so clueless ....?
    I think some send all or several techs through the updated training courses and others must just send " a guy " just so it's on record they have an individual factory trained on all or most products ?

5. ColdCase

ColdCase Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Folks on jeepforum have been doing this activation (8.4 radio) since Dec time frame and have reported no issues. Not saying its worth $400, just that lots of users have done the activation without issue. The same radio is used in RAM and Jeep and other models, just a different splash screen. I've read that the dealer pays FCA $300 for the activation code, the rest of what they charge is labor and dealer markup.

There are some features missing that a OEM 8.4AN would have (traffic integration, top maps, 3D, I think), but for a basic GPS its OK. If you are used to Garmin GPS, its intuitive to use.

6. DARKNHT

DARKNHT Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    I wonder how it will act upon updating firmware. Will you need to reactivate every time?

7. ozzy_rt

ozzy_rt Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    My thoughts exactly, I wonder if this is some sort of "crack" on the software will it deactivate when updating either the uconnect software or or the maps

8. ColdCase

ColdCase Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I've read that some of the dealer activations have gone through firmware updates without issue.

Its not so much a crack in software. Its more like buying a computer with free trail applications. If you want the full features, you buy a license and apply a unlock code. Now you own the license for that machine. The codes survive OS updates. You may have to reapply the code after a wipe clean and rebuild operation.