Need front suspension advice after collision 07 ram 1500. what Lift? Control Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the front upper, lower control arms, and knuckle are toast on the driver side of my 2007 ram.

To keep this semi-brief, i'm looking for advice on a cost effective kit, or what components to replace the damaged components with. i really only want a mild lift under 4 inches. I'm kicking around the Zone upper control arms...but i'm kind of not wanting to get into dropping the front differential and i'm gathering its required? Even if i get those uppers, what lowers and knuckes would be best?

or is there a better kit that has uppers and lowers out there? knuckes?

I figure at the very least, i'll get OE quality replacements and put some 1.5 coil spacers in it while its apart... i know thats not the "right" way to do it..but guess i'll have to see whats out there.

need opinions!!!

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
oh ok...no one has lifted 3rd gens on here?lol Guess i'll pull the front driveshaft and put some SRT wheels on it. thanks lol

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was going to be my suggestion...

If yore doing a 4" lift, get lift spindles. You'll have to drop the diff too otherwise you'll have too severe of CV angles. Just go to a junk yard and get an oem spindle if you're not going to lift it right now.

As far as upper and lower arms, just get Moog or Mevotech

OP
OP
Johnnymac2k6

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That was going to be my suggestion...

If yore doing a 4" lift, get lift spindles. You'll have to drop the diff too otherwise you'll have too severe of CV angles. Just go to a junk yard and get an oem spindle if you're not going to lift it right now.

As far as upper and lower arms, just get Moog or Mevotech

Ya at that rate I guess I will just put the strut spacers on it and call it a day.while Its apart anyways. As long as they are 2 inch or less I dont think it'll hurt anything.

Doesn't someone make extended half shafts i recall?

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you don't want to spend the money just buy all stock front end parts and level it.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk