NEED HELP BEFORE PURCHASE USED 2015 6.7L LONG HORN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don wardy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6cyl diseal turbo
Hello...

I need some serious help!! i am about to..well i already PURCHASED THIS TRUCK
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Dodge...ash=item23940da9ad:g:-PkAAOSwfVhaHvii&vxp=mtr

I have NOT TAKEN DELIVERY OF THE TRUCK.. The DEALER which is a Mercedez dealer ship took this truck as a trade. The original owner tried to sell it on EBAY thru a broker, but it did not sell, so he then traded it in....

My problem is... When i signed the paper work, the GM of the dealer ship said he could NOT release the truck to me unless they RE-INSTALL THE catalytic converter.... At first i thought this is not a big deal, but after i started researching i asked myself...
1) Will this mess up the TUNER that was already installed
2) will i have to RE DELETE DEF or whatever its called
3) AFTER THE DEALERSHIP puts the cataytic back on this truck will it SCREW UP EVERYTHING ? screw up the UPGRADED EXHAUST and etc????

The price i got the truck for was 52,800 + Tax.. they gave me "okay" trade value on my Tundra 2011 with 140k miles(11k- far from mint)...... I know the THIS LONG HORN NEW would be 65k out the door cause i priced them already.. this one has atleast 20-25k in upgrades. DRIVES AWESOME!!

ANY ADVISE?? should i cancel this deal?? or tell the dealer ship to take more money off??
they wont because the truck will be released to autonation if i dont buy it...

Any advise is greatly apprciated
Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Walk away from the deal if you are not prepared to sort out all the tuning issues and CEL's after the dealer reinstalls the system.

OP
OP
D

don wardy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6cyl diseal turbo
MADDOG thank u for the quick response.... man i am ******* for this truck but yeah u are right i have no idea how the truck will change after the make it legal to release to me. i stumbled on this truck by mistske and its by far the nicest 2500 i hace found forsale used vs others with minor upgrades. ... in your opinion .. i clearly dont have good technical knowledge of deleting codes, using a tuner, and thos who catalytic thing BUT IF i am stubborn how much money will it takw to get this truck right?? i see ur point bout me not being prepared but i am guessing taking it to a 4x4 shop i would hace to throw 2k to fix what the dealersip puts back to stuck. they are not removing the tuner just adding catalytic back

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My response is based on the dealer techs not being trained on how to deal with a re-written PCM and clearing codes that would result if they just load a stock tune back on the truck and reinstall the missing exhaust pieces once it's been revised. Putting the converter back on with no change in programming may, or may not, be problematic. If they can do it and not have it throw codes then that's great. I'd make that part of the deal to buy the truck.

I can see them saying they can't guaranty the vehicle will not pop a code sometime in the future. They could possibly disclaim warranty as it had been modified at one time and down the road anything that comes up would be out of your pocket.

One way to clean all this up is, once you buy it, is spending another $2K - $2.5K to tear off they system again and program it again...basically removing everything the dealer did. You will still have no warranty but then again, a good program on a modified truck can remove all those nagging codes.

Do you know if it still has the aftermarket program on it?

OP
OP
D

don wardy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6cyl diseal turbo
Hello again! MAN thank you SO MUCH for assisting me this! HUGE PURCHASE for me!! TODAY I got the original receipts of 90% of the upgrades.. amazing what stuff cost, but when i initially test drove it after driving F250, Raptor and a few others-- NOTHING COMPARED!!.. I just got off the phone with the sales guy -He said his boss instructed the MECHANICAL techs to put all parts in the bed of the truck and he assured me the BULLYDOG TUNER will not be touch and there was also some other computer device in the glove compartment.. I understand what you mean about the codes... The big question will be when they ADD the CATALYIC how much computer problems will that cause.. i am sure it will set something off and the TECH will reset everything back to NORMAL is what i am guessing!... The DEALER already assured me he would provide a 60day warrenty on any CODES that arise, but i was planning taking it to a 4x4 shop so they can rip out the catalyic( i have NO IDEA on the cost) and "i guess" they would use the BULLYDOG tuners thats already installed to deleted and modify stuff.. Thats a new world to me.. 2500$ YIKES.. I hope it will be less, but like you said if i dont want to deal with it walk away..... being that i got all the receipts showing 25k in upgrades(literally done in 7.2016) i DO NOT THINK there is any going back unless when i drive it- it drive like sh#t... lol.. thanks for all the advise.. here are a couple key pictures I WILL USE...
1) IF THE FAT MUFFLER IS GONE - I will ask for $$$ BACK
http://bulletmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/2015 Dodge Ram/Dodge28.jpg

2) IF THE TUNER IS GONE- I will be pissed and no deal
http://bulletmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/2015 Dodge Ram/Dodge39.jpg

3) IF THE INTAKE or anything else was modified- I will ask for $$$back..
http://bulletmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/2015 Dodge Ram/Dodge65.jpg

4) if no extra parts on the removal -- I will walk away....

I guess thats all i can do!! ... damit man.. i dont think i can walk away unless the next test drive is bad..lol.. truck is already assigned to me but not delivered.. i was told by friday it will be done

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I guess thats all i can do!! ... damit man.. i dont think i can walk away unless the next test drive is bad..lol.. truck is already assigned to me but not delivered.. i was told by friday it will be done[/QUOTE said:
Hello Don, did you get the truck?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye