Need ideas with bumper/Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhemi4474

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello guys new to the forums. I own a 2016 ram black express edition with dual exhaust hemi 5.7 so yesterday I was in a car accident and he hit me ok the highway my back bumper is messed up and my left exhaust got tilted left. He has no insurance So now i went to dodge and they want to charge me 2k for the repair they told me I need a new bumper and exhaust. So I thought to myself maybe this is my chance to buy a custom exhaust. I wanted to see if possible I can get exhaust coming from the side of the car like before the tires. And which exhaust do you guys recommend. Thank you guys in advance! And where can I get a rear bumper for a good price I checked eBay but nothing maybe I'm searching wrong

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had almost same thing happen to me.
a guy hit me, and it was his g/f car.
The Ins. company said "HE" had no ins.
I said BUT the car did.
Then they sid well maybe he stole the car.
I said NOPE they are a couple, google them and facebook them, they just had baby.
They did everything in there power not to fix my truck, UNTIL I said the lovely "L" word
LAWYER
got my truck fixed then.
Funny thing is it took about 3 weeks before truck was repaired and the whole time, the Ins. never heard from the lady or her b/f about the accident.
Guess they thought I would just go away.
sorry about your man.
In my case, you could barely tell there was damage, BUT when the Ins. company started jerking me, I had it repaired
New bumper and new exhaust tips.
Yes I said tips, seems the body shop said you couldn't buy just one tip
I said whatever fix it.....

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Gotta hate when people run around without insurance. Glad you didn't have any pysical injuries. Honestly if your footing the bill I would. Check other local reputable paint and body shops. Dealerships can get you pretty good. My 14 has the whole roof repainted under warranty, my local dealer doesn't have a body shop so we used there independent certified body shop and they quoted the dealer $750 for a full strip and repaint. You can get the express/sport bumper for $300 add paint your probably 5-600 in the bumper and exhaust shop could fix you factory exhaust for couple hundred with new tips. If you want to go side exhaust route might I suggest a roll pan and custom exhaust shop. I don't know any bolt of kits that's side exhaust. I know Gibson made some kits for older trucks but haven't seen any on these new trucks. Good luck hope you get some entertainment out of this.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think anyone makes a bolt on exhaust kit that shoots out before the rear tires, but you can have an exhaust shop do it all for you. Shouldn't cost all too much

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Yea just go to exhaust shop and tell them what you want and they will make it for you

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Gotta hate when people run around without insurance. Glad you didn't have any pysical injuries. Honestly if your footing the bill I would. Check other local reputable paint and body shops. Dealerships can get you pretty good. My 14 has the whole roof repainted under warranty, my local dealer doesn't have a body shop so we used there independent certified body shop and they quoted the dealer $750 for a full strip and repaint. You can get the express/sport bumper for $300 add paint your probably 5-600 in the bumper and exhaust shop could fix you factory exhaust for couple hundred with new tips. If you want to go side exhaust route might I suggest a roll pan and custom exhaust shop. I don't know any bolt of kits that's side exhaust. I know Gibson made some kits for older trucks but haven't seen any on these new trucks. Good luck hope you get some entertainment out of this.
If I remember Correctly Gibson was making a before the wheel well side exit Super Truck exhaust.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5NYTnUIeRCI

Last edited:

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Flowmaster used to have one for Silverado.