Need info! Magnaflow 11219 muffler.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered this muffler and should be in and installed Friday. It is a 14 inch 3 inch in 3 inch out muffler and Before I get it installed if anyone has this muffler could you please tell me how it sounds? I have a 2013 single exhaust and it sounds like I'm driving a smart car. Looking for a good sounding muffler and am hoping I will be satisfied with this one.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Did you look on YouTube? MANY MANY setups are posted there. Plus there's a thread with a bunch of exhaust clips here.

It should sound GREAT!

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought the rams were 3 inch in 2.5 out??? i dont know about the '13s but mine was 2.5 out

OilCityOperator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 14", 3" SI/SO

Almost stock sounding at idle , sounds decent wot
It's pretty quiet for my taste looking for somethin else soon.

Sounds good but not really loud if that's what you're gunnin for .

Last edited:

OilCityOperator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
cut out!! since were in edmonton, you should hear the hemi without any muffler :p haha

Haha yeah man , I think I'm gunna go for a cutout my cousin has straight pipe from the Y on his 09 and it sounds nasty! I'm assuming that's what a cutout would sound like right? Do you have one ?

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The shop are the ones that looked at it and ordered it with 3 out. If it is only 2.5 out and they throw this one on is that a bad thing? I'm not looking for anything crazy loud but with some decent sound to it. I hate not being able to hear anything and it sounding like a car.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yeah man , I think I'm gunna go for a cutout my cousin has straight pipe from the Y on his 09 and it sounds nasty! I'm assuming that's what a cutout would sound like right? Do you have one ?

oooh that would probably be louder haha because some of my exhaust still routes out the muffler, i had the muffler off for a while and it was significantly louder, gave me a headache! cut out is the perfect amount. yep i do have a cutout

The shop are the ones that looked at it and ordered it with 3 out. If it is only 2.5 out and they throw this one on is that a bad thing? I'm not looking for anything crazy loud but with some decent sound to it. I hate not being able to hear anything and it sounding like a car.

14 inch is generally known as pretty loud haha, some find it obnoxious some find it not loud enough, depends on your preferences. its not a big deal i dont think, im pretty sure theres couplers or w/e that would make it work

OP
OP
F

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I just called magnaflow and they said it will be pretty loud. I'm down for that let's just hope the cops stay off my a$$. Quebec cops have very sensitive hearing apparently and stalk loud cars. Hopefully they will leave my rig alone. Thanks guys for the quick responses!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you have the single rear exit, then you want a 3" in/3" out. The dual exhaust setups use a 3" in/Dual 2.5" out.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
....and us singular guys only have 1 small rear resonator. Thus, I thought mufflers would tend to be slightly louder on ours?