Need opinion on towing heavy Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Checkmate99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
As an RV owner (3 different units), I'd go with a 3500 diesel for two reasons; the 2500 diesel is payload limited (mine is 2170 pounds). And you will surely upgrade to a bigger RV sometime in the future, as we all seem to do. The 3500 will have the necessary payload, and the Cummins diesel will pull most anything. I went through 2 other trucks before I got smart enough to buy the diesel. Just my opinion....

Bladesmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't mean to be a downer, but I'd stay with the Ford and keep the tundra. No further then your towing thats a lot of jack to spend for 600 miles a year.
I've been pulling campers (5th wheels) for almost 30 yrs. and didn't need a new truck for local camping, but now that I'm retired and can go further and stay gone longer I'm glad I saved my cash until now. Planning on purchasing a new 3/4 sometime this year so when wife retires this next fall we can travel the USA.

Happy camping

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
No more than your camping I would definitely go with the 2500. It will get the job done & be a much better ride for your daily driving.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to ask stupid questions, but.... Have you driven a newer 3500? I have always owned 1500's but friend bought a newer 3500, it drives perfectly acceptable empty, I was actually really surprised how smooth it did drive.