need your guys opinion on this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomeegun222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
okay so i got a 2" shackle drop on back and was reading taking out the overload spring will lower a little more drop i'm thinking about doing this, anybody do this? if so how much did it lower the back?

also thinking about cutting a coil off my springs read that will drop my front about 2in , anybody do THIS?? i have an extra set of coil springs i was gonna do it to. let me know guys thanks!!!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
lowering a truck is a sin. i would definitely not cut a coil. if you remove a leaf you will most likely have to install air bags or you truck will be useless as a truck.

OP
OP
Tomeegun222

Tomeegun222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
well the heaviest thing i load is my 200 pound dirtbike i don't tow or anything like that. and its a 2wd if it was a 4wd i would be jacking this sucker up high

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I mono leafed this afternoon. I took the two middles I got about 3/4 of an inch out of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

jmccullough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if it was my truck I would go ahead and buy a drop kit instead of doing it that way or just leave the leaf alone and get a 2 in drop hanger and cut a coil up front maybe a little more work for the hanger but to me its worth it