New 12 1500 drive through foot or two of Snow in KC Metro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went into work at about 6am with nothing on the ground. Got out at 12pm since they closed the shop early and I went home streets pretty much not plowed and I-35 closed. I was very impressed with my truck locked ERS to 1 or 2 depending on situations and it plowed right through that foot and a half of snow with no issues. I was safe about it and helped a couple of people out that were stuck. I wish I had my camera but I am very impressed and pleased on how my new Ram Performed. I made it home safely and I am going to admit I had a lot of fun doing it too. I am very very very happy right now. :peace:

Anyone have a good recommendation on a Dash Cam setup so I can record these awesome moments while being able to have my full attention on the road? For example something i can just setup and record and not worry about it until my driving is done.

Last edited:

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's awesome to hear! I wish I had my Ram when I was stationed at Ft. Drum with all the snow that came down up there.

As far as the cam goes, look at GoPro, they are very popular right now bc they record in HD and there are a ton of mounts for them.

Happy wheeling

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
GoPro II is ****, I use it for diving, sky diving, rock climbing, mountain biking, triathlons, other recreational activities and just the general ride around. They have a new fancier GoPro III black edition that has a wireless remote to start it and can be sync up with some phones. the GoPro II was relatively cheap, TONS of mounting options, the III Black edition is a bit more expensive I want to say 300-350 if I remember right. but you can mount that sucker anywhere!

Where in KC are you? I'm from there (Lees Summit) before the government shipped me off to Japan. My fiance lives in OP haven't heard from her since the snow storm hit, I imagine she got locked down at work since KC declared a state of emergency.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We're at about 5-6" so far in Omaha and counting and the Ram has yet to have any trouble. Pretty happy with the performance in the snow even on stock tires.

on the move..

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GoPro II is ****, I use it for diving, sky diving, rock climbing, mountain biking, triathlons, other recreational activities and just the general ride around. They have a new fancier GoPro III black edition that has a wireless remote to start it and can be sync up with some phones. the GoPro II was relatively cheap, TONS of mounting options, the III Black edition is a bit more expensive I want to say 300-350 if I remember right. but you can mount that sucker anywhere!

Where in KC are you? I'm from there (Lees Summit) before the government shipped me off to Japan. My fiance lives in OP haven't heard from her since the snow storm hit, I imagine she got locked down at work since KC declared a state of emergency.

I am over in Lenexa not far from OP and I do not think I-35 or I-70 has been reopened yet.

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm from the area too. Was also impressed with the ram, even with the stock tires.
Even though I'm lowered I had no problems getting through.

Peattie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i too was impressed with the 4x4 on the ram. i was up intahoe over my winter break (around christmas) and we all went up in the mountains. my friend had his taco, jeep grand cherokee, and a older range rover and i was the only one that didnt need help to get unstuck. lol if it had better tires than stock i dont think i would have gotten stuck

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got about 13" here. I took mine out to buy milk last night. It worked flawlessly. I didn't shovel much of my driveway. The GY Silent Armors were great. I also went to Papa Murphys to pick up a pizza. They hadn't plowed their lot. A new Pilot tried driving in....chickened out, and backed out again. I drove on through.... no problem.

I'm going to try the Jeep tomorrow. It has Michelin Latitudes -- which will spin all over the place. I'm surprised that it's melting some today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got about 13" here. I took mine out to buy milk last night. It worked flawlessly. I didn't shovel much of my driveway. The GY Silent Armors were great. I also went to Papa Murphys to pick up a pizza. They hadn't plowed their lot. A new Pilot tried driving in....chickened out, and backed out again. I drove on through.... no problem.

I'm going to try the Jeep tomorrow. It has Michelin Latitudes -- which will spin all over the place. I'm surprised that it's melting some today.

It melted an inch but now much and they are saying more snow for Monday and if it is true I will be happy. I had a blast with the snow storm we just had and I want more I had a ton of fun.

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
I too live in Lenexa, ks. Unfortunately, I got stranded in Chicago when the airport shutdown Thursday. Two things I think would make a big difference with my truck in snow or muddy situations. First, ditch the Minivan stock SRA's for some BFG AT's or similar. Second, Raise/level the front end. In stock form it would work well for plowing snow

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We ended up with about 9" and I had no issues getting around. I would even park or stop in deep stuff just to see and I was just fine.

on the move..

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Call me a wuss but if it snowed my Ram wouldn't leave the garage....that's what my CC Chevy 2500HD is for.
If I'm gonna tear something up it's gonna be the crappy truck. lol

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
same here, im in kearney MO , i even let the fiance drive my 2013 ram to work today! im surprised at myself but maybe its just cuz im sick of pushin her stupid import car up the driveway every day after work before i gotta go plow roads for 12 hours! she called me when she got to work and said "i love the truck!! it didnt even hesistate in the unplowed driveway!" i said welcome to america dear, now get rid of the damn nissan....

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
same here, im in kearney MO , i even let the fiance drive my 2013 ram to work today! im surprised at myself but maybe its just cuz im sick of pushin her stupid import car up the driveway every day after work before i gotta go plow roads for 12 hours! she called me when she got to work and said "i love the truck!! it didnt even hesistate in the unplowed driveway!" i said welcome to america dear, now get rid of the damn nissan....

LOL did you let her know about the New Dodge Dart if she likes those small cars?

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We ended up with about 9" and I had no issues getting around. I would even park or stop in deep stuff just to see and I was just fine.

on the move..

You guys getting prepared for Mondays Snow? I am getting my truck filled up it already has the tow rope/chains in the truck from Thursday and Friday.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We still suppose to get some more? I've seen conflicting forecasts but I love driving in the snow!

on the move..

OP
OP
Noved

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They pretty much confirmed it for KC was wondering if it was the same for you in Omaha and I concur I love snow driving now thanks to my Ram. :)

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another 6-12" of rain/sleet/snow on the way tomorrow. They say this one could be worse than the last -- due to wind and ice. I just hope we retain power.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That storm ended up missing us for the most part in Iowa. I mean we got some snow but not the 10-12" that were predicted. The local news made it seem like we were going to get the storm of the century and we ended up with maybe 3-4" if that. I heard about Kansas getting hit pretty hard though. Glad your RAM got you around safely!

KCTHUNDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
LOL did you let her know about the New Dodge Dart if she likes those small cars?

ya is saw them at the dealer and hell no! im drivin the 07 wrangler on 35" trail grapplers and she will be gettin into a jeep next, ive had 11 already and im only 28!