new and need suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrsterrymom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I have a 2004 ram it has a rear sliding window and of course it was just my luck that the latch on it broke. Now my question is : can I purchase a replacement latch or would I need to buy a new window? The latch that it had seems to have been glued on and when I search for a latch they all have some sort of screws to them...can I use one of those? Thanks any kind of help will do..

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know that my latch had screws on it although I never use it. I will look on my 98 when I leave tonight and report back to you! Someone else may know for sure if they beat me to it

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the same thing happen to mine.
I just went to the dealer ship and bought the plastic peice and used rearview mirror glue (can find at any auto store) and glued it back on. Glues extremely fast. You have about 2seconds before it is dry. Litterally.
So what i did was lined it up to where i wanted it. Then put double sided tape below where it was gonna go. That way it would go on straight and even. Then just did one peice at a time. Helps if you have a buddy there to help.

Although i liked not having the latch because if you locked your keys in the truck you can reach in and open the door. That saved my butt a couple times.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Although i liked not having the latch because if you locked your keys in the truck you can reach in and open the door. That saved my butt a couple times.

LOL - I'm with you on that one until I realized that if I could get into the truck that easily, anyone could!!!

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Only thing is you cant reach the lock with your arms. I was able to reach it with a water bottle. Which was ways in the back storage bin.
Plus if you were gonna break into a car, i doubt someone would be smart enough to try that.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL - I'm with you on that one until I realized that if I could get into the truck that easily, anyone could!!!

Lol also guilty of that. Except not in my truck and we popped the latch with a screwdriver from the outside. And my arms were nowhere near long enough either! I just love being short... Thank god we still had the screwdriver lol

OP
OP
M

mrsterrymom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
:) thanks for taking a look and adding your input. I WILL try to see if I can get a latch as to the gluing part I don't know about that because the broken latch piece is still stuck to the glass but I will try. thanks :)

OP
OP
M

mrsterrymom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
IQUOTE=Hollabakzach23;378837]Lol also guilty of that. Except not in my truck and we popped the latch with a screwdriver from the outside. And my arms were nowhere near long enough either! I just love being short... Thank god we still had the screwdriver lol[/QUOTE]

I am also glad that its open, luckily we have small children that fit perfectly through the window, however I would rather make sure the items inside the truck are secure.:baby:[COLOR]