New Diesel

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karstensdad, Mar 29, 2016.

1. hounddog

hounddog Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Hemis are essentially balanced and blue printed engines from the factory like we used to do years ago. Better though . Running at higher rpm doesn't bother them at all, and they're better for it. They run cleaner when they run at higher rpm.

But in all honesty people aren't buying half ton trucks to pull, they're buying trucks to replace cars. There's a distinct payoff. My dad always told me, "You can buy a truck to get great gas mileage or you can buy one meant to pull, but you really can't get both." After a number of engine/gearing/model combos I have to agree. If your 1500 was behaving like that it wasn't properly set up to pull.

That's why the ram HD trucks are so great, they actually do have some moderate success doing both. Now, since I have several duallys for my business I'll never use anything else for towing. But I do miss the luxurious ride of the 2500.

Truck below is one of our 15s, 4.10 gears, that's a custom cyclone we delivered to an end user and tipped the scales at 19,830lbs. Recorded 13.8mpg average over roughly 1,400 miles.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Power247 likes this.
  2. CDN Ram

CDN Ram Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Laramie
    Engine:
    6.7L CTD
    Be careful with the 5'ers. make sure you look at pin weight. a lot of 5'ers climb up the max load weight of a 2500 in a hurry.

3. grandslam

grandslam Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    Looks great!