New DSP/Auto EQ amp released at CES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
A new Kicker DSP/Auto EQ amp was released at CES.
For those wanting to add a small moderate power, and auto EQ, with time alignment, this will be a nice add on amp from stock speakers all the way up if you even swap out door speakers. You set it, add microphone near headrest, push a button and close the door. A few minutes later, you will hear the car chime, and its complete. Auto EQ with full time alignment. 45x4 power, and works on start/stop vehicles.
Under $200!

Just wanted some audiophiles to know of some cool stuff headed down the pike.
Even in a stock Ram truck with stock speakers, this makes a HUGE difference.

http://www.me-mag.com/product/item/...oundbreaking-key-smart-amplifier-with-auto-eq

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How will it integrate with the factory 8.4 radio??? Will it be plug n play or use speaker level inputs... sounds like a great little combo unit.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Thanks for letting us know! I am adding this to my mod list right now!

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How will it integrate with the factory 8.4 radio??? Will it be plug n play or use speaker level inputs... sounds like a great little combo unit.

i would guess speaker for now maybe they are working on a plug and play harness (which would be great)

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I like this...what a great piece. I have said so many times for the guy who wants better sound with minimal money, effort...a simple dsp to set the factory speakers up for more success.
EQ, time alignment etc make a huge difference. Now it can be done. Even for the person who adds aftermarket speakers on factory power, this would be a nice improvement.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah this is something I would seriously consider, especially if there is a plug and play harness (or a way for me to make my own).

Simple, small, hopefully pretty reliable, and still allows me to upgrade speakers later on down the road if I want. I dont need so much bass and volume that I shake apart my truck....just a little extra punch and clarity would be nice, along with digital timing correction should make the truck sound a whole lot better.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its a huge improvement, you can use speaker level or RCA inputs. No dedicated vehicle plug and play. The VSS amp, which was similar, retailed almost $700. This is $200, and has more power, ad you can change speakers, and redo EQ with a push of a button.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Looks like they are going the AudioControl route, but more affordable for the consumer.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No you can only use one per vehicle. More amps will come out with this auto EQ/DSP later.
Can use multiple for power, but only one for auto setup EQ

Last edited:

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It would be nice to see something like this plug-n-play for the Alpine system, oh well maybe someday.

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yea, problem is the Alpine, like the old GM Bose, has it pretty much locked up. Plus, with the array of speakers the Alpine system has over the base, you'd think imaging was much better.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty nice unit @Graygoose Reminds me of a JBL MS-8, just simpler, and better I am sure. I can see this being a pretty good seller for Kicker. While guys like us in these forums want more, more, more, a majority of people just want a little more volume and cleaner sound and this fits that bill perfectly.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Pretty nice unit @Graygoose Reminds me of a JBL MS-8, just simpler, and better I am sure. I can see this being a pretty good seller for Kicker. While guys like us in these forums want more, more, more, a majority of people just want a little more volume and cleaner sound and this fits that bill perfectly.
We hope to add 5 channel, 6 channel, and up to 8 channel amplifiers with this Auto/EQ

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
A 6 channel for dash, front and rear with at least one out for a sub amp would be awesome.

The Alpine/Kicker Rep was pretty low key about it on Monday's Dean and Fernando show