New DSP/Auto EQ amp released at CES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I been looking at this, but don't think it will work with the alpine upgraded system, can't see how really being its only a 4 channel dsp?

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No, base audio systems, nothing with amp or DSP already added.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey @Graygoose. I'm working on upgrading my system again but keeping in place the Kicker plug and play upgrades (6 speakers + sub woofer)?

I have purchased the factory Alpine sub enclosure/sub for the passenger side. Will this amp be able to power it AND the 6 Kicker upgrade speakers? I plan on replacing the factory sub with another low profile sub in the OEM enclosure and having a stereo sub setup paired with the SRAMCQ09.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it is not. Ideally this should power only 4 speakers, in your case you could bridge the fronts onto the front channel. You still need an amplifier for the subwoofer though.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No it is not. Ideally this should power only 4 speakers, in your case you could bridge the fronts onto the front channel. You still need an amplifier for the subwoofer though.
I see, so it can work for the base 6 speaker setup because the dash speakers are tied to the front door speakers?

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It will even work with the upgraded speakers, just not the sub.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK, while I have your attention...the SRAMCQ09 came with an app to power the sub. 3 questions:

1. In order to limit the amount of amplifiers could I delete the SRAMCQ09 amp and run the kicker upgrade and OEM sub from one amp?

2. If the answer to the first question is yes, can they both be run from the amp highlighted in this thread?

3. To further consolidate amps Could I run the 6 kicker upgrades and the two subs all from one amp?

OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The KEY amp now has no sub portion, we plan to expand this later into bigger amps, mono amps and 5 channel hopefully.

You can keep the speakers, and the sub amp combo, and use the KEY (will fit under drivers seat) and use on doors and dash. The front VSS amp that matches your SRAM, is about 3x as much in costing, does the same thing as this amp, but its already pre-tuned for your truck.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. I believe that amp has a built in pre-set EQ and powers all the speakers and your subwoofer already. However yes this can be done with a 5 channel amp.

2. No.

3. Yes, again a 5 channel amp could do this.

Whats the goal?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are looking for a space saving sub set up - Alpine makes SUPER tiny 90 watt amplifier. I used it once for adding a factory sub to a customers car. It worked pretty good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
1. I believe that amp has a built in pre-set EQ and powers all the speakers and your subwoofer already. However yes this can be done with a 5 channel amp.

2. No.

Whats the goal?
End Goal...amplify my 6 speaker kicker upgrades and the new (to me) 8" OEM Alpine sub enclosure after removing the OEM sub.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

2. No.

Whats the goal?
Offtopic, headed to Orlando for vaca tomorrow, hope its warm there!!!!!!!!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Offtopic, headed to Orlando for vaca tomorrow, hope its warm there!!!!!!!!

Yes, high of 80 today and tomorrow here in Tampa. I think weekend is still mid 70s and sunny, you will enjoy! Going to the theme parks?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
Graygoose

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Maybe, we are staying close to Sea World...but we go there once or twice a year, maybe drive down to Cocoa Beach....just a nice getaway.

Good, I packed shorts, been 20* here!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The KEY amp now has no sub portion, we plan to expand this later into bigger amps, mono amps and 5 channel hopefully.

You can keep the speakers, and the sub amp combo, and use the KEY (will fit under drivers seat) and use on doors and dash. The front VSS amp that matches your SRAM, is about 3x as much in costing, does the same thing as this amp, but its already pre-tuned for your truck.
When are you going to sell me the one you tested?[emoji16]