New fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
After getting a new bumper recently I have yet to re install my stock fog lights, which are currently sitting in my garage with ugly yellow lenses and pathetically bright bulbs. I'm debating on whether I should restore my stock fog lights and replace the bulbs with LED's, or if there's a better option out there.

My hope is for the brightest damn lights I can fit into the 4" round holes on my bumper, I don't care if they are road legal or not, the purpose would be for lighting up back country roads late at night with nobody around. What do you guys think? Keep the stock fogs with LED bulbs, or is there a better 4" round light out there? Trying to spend less than $60.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Rammanriley20 has something similar in a 6"beyond his grille and loves em. For stock location fogs, i would just get new housings with LED bulbs. Just as bright and easier to mount

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
He has the TTX round lights that I told him to guinea pig for me haha

OP
OP
Sport

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Those TTX lights look pretty similar to the ones I'm looking at. I think I'll give it a try first with cree LED's in my old fog lights and restoring the lenses. After I get these fog lights mounted up I'm gonna save up for some SBL 9007 and 9004 LED's for my headlights, and eventually a curved light bar mounted behind the bull bar on my bumper. I literally want the area in front of my truck to look like day time lol

NightMares

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Problem with LED bulbs in factory housings is the light can only shoot as far as the housing allows. Replacing the lights entirely will benefit you the most if you want the brightest output available.

The only suggestion I have for buying cheaper lights off Amazon or eBay is to take them apart when you first get them and seal them back up upon re-assembly. They'll advertise "waterproof" but condensation can still get inside and ruin the LED's, and warranty through online stores is never fun.

Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
Sport

Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I have a tube of rtv silicone, I think I'll take the housings apart and make sure they have a nice seal before installing. Since the LED's were cheap I'm going to try this out first, if it totally sucks then I'll look into a whole new light. I also noticed some 4" HID projectors...

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
I paid $30 for my LED spot cubes (I run as fogs) and I've power washed them directly multiple times and there is no condensation inside

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Maybe a little late to this thread.. but let me say, HIDs in your stock housings is a good option. I have them in mine, and MAN are they bright. I get flashed with just them on. They're brighter than my dads 3x2 LED pods that are his fogs. Hell they're as bright as my HID projector headlights, granted they are eBay housings. I don't have any pics of the pattern or anything, this is all I've got 9248317f93e007b614b8e7bf90224046.jpg
But I do also have a 5" version of those round LED lights. They're very bright as well. Either would probably be very bright. But it's much easier to put HIDs in stock housings than to replace and mount a light like that I would think