New garage floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Working and parking inside is way better than outside on the driveway. You'll be amazed at how fast that garage will fill up even as large as it seems. Wives/GF can think of all sorts of **** to put in them----:naughty::naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
fxnytro17

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
I know all about it. If she wants to put stuff in it though she will have to build her own lol

OP
OP
fxnytro17

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
I this conversation last year. She never had much to say about it lol. But we all know that like any other women, she has her plans and before I know it I won't even have room for the 2 post I'm hoping for lol

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You gonna put one of those nice looking coatings on?

Wish I had done this before I got all the stuff in mine, no way it is happening now......

Epoxy+Garage+Floor+Coatings.jpg

OP
OP
fxnytro17

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
You gonna put one of those nice looking coatings on?

Wish I had done this before I got all the stuff in mine, no way it is happening now......

View attachment 91314
Nah I doubt it. I'm not to particular what the floor looks like lol. If it was a attached garage maybe. They do look good.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im jealous still rolling around in the driveway. nice size too.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love some of those floor treatments!!!!! I just never have time before I start to fill the garage. They sure look good though.
Jay

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
24'x36'
4" thick with 6" stepped sides

Waiting for my next job so I can build it! Sick of doing stuff in my driveway..

Very nice!

Good for you!

Suggestions/ random thought and BS.

Get a bigger electrical entrance panel then you think you will ever need. When you start adding things like a heat pump, maybe a 50 amp R/V plug... a bigger Air compressor etc...You need MORE POWER.
Figure refrigerator, microwave coffee maker, the usual.

And when the band comes to play, them amps, they need some juice.

Looks like you have plenty of room for "her" stuff...out back in nice shed!

That's what I did, for all the seasonal stuff. who wants to look at a snow blower parked next to a Harley all summer, right?

how tall/ what design etc?

keep us posted as you progress!

'

OP
OP
fxnytro17

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
For her "****" I have another baby barn on the right, 14x16 which is full now but most of the stuff would go into the new one.

I'm running a 60 amp electrical service. I already have the wire. I have a miller 220 welder which only draws around 25 according to its manual.
My buddy has 60 amps ran to his and he has a car ramp, welder, compressor, balancer, you know all the common stuff. I may get the ramp but I won't be needing the changer or balancer. Maybe a lathe and a ramp on the future, drill press etc.

The garage is 24'x36', 12x9 door maybe a 10' high depending on the deals I can find. 12' walls.
I'm putting in eather just a wood stove or maybe an oil furnace for heating.
I'm maxing out my panel in my house to do this so bringing out more would be pointless. Unless everything in the house and the garage is on the same time though I should be fine.
As for the snow, I use a plow on my atv/ truck. I'm not in a city so it's much easier and quicker with the plow! lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It looks like you have things well thought out. I hope that you enjoy the time you spend in your garage-----mine is my safe place!!!!! :naughty::naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
fxnytro17

fxnytro17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Engine
Yes hopefully be my safe place to lol.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
i want to do my garage floor for sure... before we fill it and its to late lol

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Show her that post----go ahead, I dare ya :favorites13:
Jay

I've already primed the Girlfriend and told her the house is hers but the Garage and shop belong to me, She has recently requested a workbench of her own so she can make automotive art and projects, and me to take her to swap meets and junk yards to find stuff.... Now that I am good with, i'll make her a bench and even paint it purple to match her charger.

Her Xmas present this year will be a new kitchen aid mixer painted to match her charger though.... not sure if that will get me in trouble or sex lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pictures would speak volumes---:happy107::happy107:
Jay

OP--Sorry we've gotten a little off track---

crewchief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
that looks really nice....great job

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RT-SCAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A nice epoxy coating is the way to go! Do it now before filling the slab it'll never get done.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
24'x36'
4" thick with 6" stepped sides

Waiting for my next job so I can build it! Sick of doing stuff in my driveway..
I'm jealous. I live in a townhouse with no garage. Sucks having to try and get lift time at the nearby Army base auto hobby shop--retirees don't get scheduling priority.
I hate lying on my back on the concrete with the neighbors asking "Whatchya doin?"

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've already primed the Girlfriend and told her the house is hers but the Garage and shop belong to me, She has recently requested a workbench of her own so she can make automotive art and projects, and me to take her to swap meets and junk yards to find stuff.... Now that I am good with, i'll make her a bench and even paint it purple to match her charger.

Her Xmas present this year will be a new kitchen aid mixer painted to match her charger though.... not sure if that will get me in trouble or sex lol
Life lesson man, NEVER give an appliance as a gift to the GF or wife--NEVER. Nothing brings on the suck with greater speed or heat.

As a joke after the event you might survive.