New garage floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Life lesson man, NEVER give an appliance as a gift to the GF or wife--NEVER. Nothing brings on the suck with greater speed or heat.

As a joke after the event you might survive.

I have a Odd girlfriend..... She told me she wanted a Roomba for xmas last year... I told her I'm not buying her a appliance as a present... She still gives me crap that I could have saved money and just given her that as a gift.... I still got her a nice bunch of gifts....
But the personalized gift of something she wants is good with her.... I could also buy her parts for the charger and she is happy with that too....

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as i know, the floor sealant as shown in the one picture is NOT a one and done thing lol i had it on my entire back covered patio/entertainment area of my last house and it all requires re applying every 2-4 years depending on how much it gets abused. mine was every other summer or it would look like crap but that was covered outside so shop probably go 3 years maybe 4 if super clean.... but it dont last forever. anyway like blake said, this came along any further yet? i love seeing other peoples shops lol and congrats brotha!

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Life lesson man, NEVER give an appliance as a gift to the GF or wife--NEVER. Nothing brings on the suck with greater speed or heat.

As a joke after the event you might survive.

Only thing worse is a vacuum or exercise bike.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Odd girlfriend..... She told me she wanted a Roomba for xmas last year... I told her I'm not buying her a appliance as a present... She still gives me crap that I could have saved money and just given her that as a gift.... I still got her a nice bunch of gifts....
But the personalized gift of something she wants is good with her.... I could also buy her parts for the charger and she is happy with that too....

Your GF is a keeper.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as i know, the floor sealant as shown in the one picture is NOT a one and done thing lol i had it on my entire back covered patio/entertainment area of my last house and it all requires re applying every 2-4 years depending on how much it gets abused. mine was every other summer or it would look like crap but that was covered outside so shop probably go 3 years maybe 4 if super clean.... but it dont last forever. anyway like blake said, this came along any further yet? i love seeing other peoples shops lol and congrats brotha!

I've got a epoxy floor quartz sand coating on my garage floor that looks similar to the one pictured but a different color. It was done in 2006 and other than the glossiness heading towards more of a satin look....it looks like the day it was installed. I didn't take any chances on my handyman skills and had it professionally done.

I'm actually happier with it since it's now not so shiny and showing every speck of dirt.

My home builder buggered up the concrete floor in the garage so it drained inward and had cracks galore. They had to bust it up and re-pour it and did a poor job again with spalling etc but at least the direction of flow was outside of the house. I had the floor done to alleviate the shoemaker job that the builders concrete guys did. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have spent the money.

The floor has excellent grip, not slippery at all, but the big downside for me is that the pad no longer absorbs water/snow/ice etc off the vehicles in the garage. During the winter I'm always squeegeeing out the floor of standing shmeggy winter mess. In my old garage it was just absorbed into the concrete....I'm sure salt water isn't great for concrete over the long haul though.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a epoxy floor quartz sand coating on my garage floor that looks similar to the one pictured but a different color. It was done in 2006 and other than the glossiness heading towards more of a satin look....it looks like the day it was installed. I didn't take any chances on my handyman skills and had it professionally done.

I'm actually happier with it since it's now not so shiny and showing every speck of dirt.

My home builder buggered up the concrete floor in the garage so it drained inward and had cracks galore. They had to bust it up and re-pour it and did a poor job again with spalling etc but at least the direction of flow was outside of the house. I had the floor done to alleviate the shoemaker job that the builders concrete guys did. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have spent the money.

The floor has excellent grip, not slippery at all, but the big downside for me is that the pad no longer absorbs water/snow/ice etc off the vehicles in the garage. During the winter I'm always squeegeeing out the floor of standing shmeggy winter mess. In my old garage it was just absorbed into the concrete....I'm sure salt water isn't great for concrete over the long haul though.
WOW, no kidding?? That's crazy I've never heard of such a thing and I did crazy research back then to try and find a longer lasting product (which was only 6 years ago.) Somehow I must have just not dug deep enough I guess... Yeah my sealant would start to vanish in spots leaving a Dalmatian look lol it would start doing it noticeably right around the 2 year mark... it was fully covered but outside none the less. But thanks for the info, I will definitely save that info for when I finally get to start going on the new property

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW, no kidding?? That's crazy I've never heard of such a thing and I did crazy research back then to try and find a longer lasting product (which was only 6 years ago.) Somehow I must have just not dug deep enough I guess... Yeah my sealant would start to vanish in spots leaving a Dalmatian look lol it would start doing it noticeably right around the 2 year mark... it was fully covered but outside none the less. But thanks for the info, I will definitely save that info for when I finally get to start going on the new property

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Here is a google search of that type of floor coating. See if there is a company in your area that does it so you know for the future.

https://www.google.ca/search?source...4.psy-ab..4.13.1558...0j0i131k1.0.sbyCzMAaLQk